Yorkville XS400H 400W Bass Head with Tube Preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fatsobasso, Dec 26, 2005.

1. fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    Yorkville XS400H 400W Bass Head with Tube Preamp opinions ?
  2. DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    I considered them but instead went with the Yorkie XS800H and am very happy with it...let me know if you want to consider the 800...
  3. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I've used the XM400H on a couple of live gigs and was very impressed. Lots of power and easy enough to get a good sound. The Yorkville warranty is fantastic. 2 years "even if you break it".

I've trried the 800 in the store and it's great too. It's probably even better.

A lot of working pros use Yorkville these days. I like an amp I can depend on. I use a Mesa Walkabout myself now since I'm old and decrepit. I like the light weight. And the sound is wonderful. But the Yorkville is no slouch. very good amp and made in Canada.
  4. fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    The only thing that bother's me is that it has no Fan,it uses
    heatsinks,living in florida it gets hot and the amp was designed in canada so i'm not sure about that.
  5. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The Yorkville was designed to be used anywhere. I've never heard of one failing because of lack of a fan.

And we don't have snow and igloos year round in Canada. In fact it can get very hot (over 100) around here in the summer. This is where Yorkville is made. They're sold worldwide. Lots of them in Asia and it gets hot and humid there too. Heat is not a problem.

I've used the old GK 400 with no fan and convection cooling in extreme heat and it did fine.
  6. loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Love my XS400. Had it for well over a year now & couldn't be happier.
  7. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Fans are cheap- get a little one at Wally World, plug it into your power strip, point it at the cooling fins, and you now have a fan-cooled amp! See how often the simple solution eludes us? :D