1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yorkville XS400H & Traynor YBX1510

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by richyirich, Mar 2, 2008.

1. richyirich

richyirich

Mar 14, 2006
    I'm at a point where I'm starting to search for my very first bass rig. I've been looking through ads on craigslist, and found a listing on Yorkville XS400H & Traynor YBX1510 for an affordable price. Before I start contacting the seller, I was wondering what your thoughts are on this particular rig. Thanks! :)

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    They are known for being great sounding amps to some.

If you can get a good deal. Do it.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    For sure try it out. All the Traynor and Yorkville gear I've used were well made and you get a lot of bang for the buck.

The 400 watt head has lots of beef. I haven't tried it with that exact cabinet but it drove an 8 ohm SWR 4x10 to earsplitting volumes on a gig one time.

4. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I can't comment on the cab, but I love those heads. Great amps at great prices. I mistakenly got rid of my old XS400 head & recently scrambled to get another...

5. The heads are great. That cab was "designed" for the YBA200. Maybe try the Yorkville XC808/Traynor TC808 (same cabinet, rebranded)