1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yorkville XS400H v Eden WT400 ((USED))

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Used eden, used yorkie, I can try them both, however with different totally basses and different 2x10's.

Hypothetically though, which should have a warmer rounder tone? How about punch? I need it for instrumental punk, and acoustic sets. To go with a bongo or a p-bass.

Also, anything inparticular I should be looking for while trying these used heads? How should I test them for problems or defects?

2. well, the xs400h has an all tube preamp, so i'm assuming that would make a warm sound

3. The WT400 also has a tube preamp if I am not wrong. There is no competition between the Yorkie XS400H and the WT-400, and the EDEN is the great winner for a superb hi-fi, punchy and defined Tone. Very clean Amp I should say.

4. Man....if you dont want the eden..i will gladly take over!!!!!! :)

5. i guess if i decide against it I can talk to the guy about shipping it to ontario if your really interested/.

6. i also kinda like the vintage tone.... full and round almost ampeg tubeish.

7. big evil robot

big evil robot Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    The eden would be very clear, very clean, I guess hi-fi is the right word for it. I really like eden amps, I especially like their smaller amps, I found I like the tone much better one the 330 and 400 as compared to the bigger 600 or 800.

The yorkville amps are GREAT for a punk sound, you can get a lot of tube mush and crunch out of the pre-amp. And the SS power section is extremely loud.

I think it would really come down to try both out and seeing what you prefer.
    I think either is a great head, so I doubt you'll be dissappointed either way.