Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville XS400H + what cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heretic, Sep 10, 2005.

1. I'm pretty much set on this head but what cab would you reccomend? I will have about 500-600 left over. Should I just pair it up with the Yorkie XC410 or is there something better in that range? I'm not dead set on a 410 so I'm open to suggestions. Oh yeah, it can't be carpeted because my cats are jerks and they shed everywhere. I'm not in a band at the moment but I play hard rock/metal as well as some mellow stuff.

Second, I am considering buying from MusiciansBuy. How are they? They have the head and the cab listed for about $80 less than MF.

THANKS! :hyper:

2. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I have that head & could not be happier. I bought the matching Yorkie XC115 with the tweeter. Good cab...lotsa boom, but I would not suggest it as the stand alone cab. Extension 10's really make that amp come alive. I'm currently using an old Fender BXR 4x10 cab as well & it seems to work nicely. I'm looking for a nice psuedo high end 2x10 to replace the Fender as we speak. I have heard good things about the Yorkville XC808 cab & I'd really be interested in hearing the Traynor YBA 1510 (1x15/2x10 configuration) with the Yorkville.

The Yorkie 4x10 may work for you though. Either way, enjoy the amp, it's a good one!

I have no opinion on Musicians Buy as I have never dealt with them.

3. Ok, I'm pretty sure its going to be a 410 now. I've been looking Ampeg but they have quite a few models and I don't really know the difference between them.

Though its not a 410, the Eden Nemisis 212 caught my eye. Any opinions?

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    IMO, the XS400H really sounds great with the YBX1510, I'd include it on any shortlist for this amp ONLY if you have no other plans to add cabinets at a later date (the 1510 is a 4 ohm cab, and you cannot run the XS400H lower than 4 ohms...)

5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I think the Yorkville will be the best bet, not only soundwise & price-wise, but your cabs will also love to sink their claws into the front of an Ampeg cab.

6. BUMP

7. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    I have a Ampeg BXT410HL4, well, do not work for heavy metal, hard rock!!

I you play jazz, and play softly, then the BXT is the one, nice scoop response, but for hard hitting rock, heavy metal, it will start farting!!IMO

just my two cents!