yorkville xs400t vs. Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 210 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass_extremes, Oct 21, 2005.

1. bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    Hey everyone, Its time that I get a new amp and I was wondering what to get ive heard good things about the yorkville and also goods things about the GK 1001RB-11(which I would get in combo form.) So what I was wondering is what would you guys recommend? Also ive been thinking about going for the GK 1001RB-II head instead of the combo and was wondering what make of cabs you would recommend.
  2. hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    I just picked up a new 1001RB-II yesterday just in time for a Friday night show. Performed flawlessly within the limits of the cab I was using. Got some great tones without a lot of fiddling and overall, I'm exremely happy with the amp. I can only imagine how good this thing will sound with a more compatible cabinet. I have no experience with Yorkies, but I alse hear they're great. I thought they were a different voicing vs. GK though, warmer, more tubey??
  3. bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    thanks for the info my man
  4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    GK all the way. Tons of guts, excellent tone from modern to old school. Perfect size, shape, and weight... fits any rack and is easy to carry. Paired with their NEO cabs, or any other great cab and they're a major force to be reckoned with... IMHO...
  5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    The Yorkville has a tube preamp. Both companies have excellent customer support, though.