Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yorkville xs400t

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass_extremes, Jul 11, 2005.

1. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    Hey fellow bass players ive been thinking about getting a yorkville xs400t. I was wondering if people who own one or tried one could tell the pros and cons of this amp.

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I used one that was supplied for a gig along with an 8 ohm 4-10 SWR cabinet. It had a great sound and I didn't have more than a minute to fool with the eq on it. With the great price and warranty I'd buy one if I needed to get a new amp. The tube drive in the preamp works very well. from what I have heard (a lot of guys in Toronto use them) they're reliable too.

The 800 is supposedly even better but the 400 is all the power most would need with good speaker cabinets. You can also get a combo version but the weight is a bit much for me.

3. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings,
    I've used an XS400T when supplied at gigs a few times. I'm not a fan of 10" speakers but that combo kicks some serious bootay. Good variety of tones(none of that thin brittle stuff) and it can get pretty loud too and the pre amp tube overdrive is great. I liked it so much I checked out an XS800H and bought it.
    Rezdog

4. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    hey Rezdog I was looking at a xs800 a little bit how do you like it I have heard only good things about it so far

5. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings,
    Lovin it. Haven't been this excited about an amp since I got my SVT back in the day. And no this isn't a peg, but I do like the XS800H more. More tones, less weight and alot of loud when you need it. And as I've said before it's reliable and the warranty is hard to beat.
    Rezdog

6. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I have a XS400 head & couldn't be happier. I've said this many times before, but Yorkville is the best kept secret in bass amplification. Best bang for your buck, IMHO.