Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville XS800 amp & Ampeg SVT 15E cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jason Bass'n, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Hello!

I currently have a Yorkie XS800 amp sitting on top of an Ampeg 410HE. I'd like to ad an Ampeg (or any brand really; I don't mind mixing brands) 15 cabinet to it. Is the Yorkie XS800 too much wattage for the 15E?

Thanks - Jason

2. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    sell the 410, and go with the recomended xc808 cab.It has very good bass response for an 8x8.

3. I thought real hard about the 8x8, but I think I'm going to need a more portable/modular rig. I have stairs to deal with, and my gigging buddies are 1 hour away, so I'm the one who has to pack up and move each time. My 410HE is heavy, but definitely manageable. I want to keep it under 100lbs.

4. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    ah ha! I see....well then, I would recomend a cab or two with neodymium magnets,and able to handle 800 watts rms together in an 8 ohm load.Maybe Avatar? 2 210's would kick!

5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Is the XS800 too much for the 410HE? Adding another cab increases the power the cabs can handle.

The 410HE + 15E = 700W. A great match for the 800W of the XS800.

What don't you like about the current setup?

6. I love my current setup! The 410HE gets ragged on a little bit around here, but I wouldn't take nothing for mine. I just want to add that nice big extra "ooomph" that a 15 will give. The Ampeg 15, I think, is 200 watts at 8 ohms. I'm still a novice at all this watts/ohms talk, so I wanted to see what others thought about a 410/15 cabinet combination with the Yorkie 800 on top. I didn't want it to be too much power going to the 15.

7. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    If you are worried about it, why not look at the SVT-18. That will give you lots of ooomph! If you have a friendly local music store they might even let you try it with your head and the 410.