1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yorkville XS800 amp & Ampeg SVT 15E cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jason Bass'n, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Hello!

I currently have a Yorkie XS800 amp sitting on top of an Ampeg 410HE. I'd like to ad an Ampeg (or any brand really; I don't mind mixing brands) 15 cabinet to it. Is the Yorkie XS800 too much wattage for the 15E?

Thanks - Jason

2. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    sell the 410, and go with the recomended xc808 cab.It has very good bass response for an 8x8.

3. I thought real hard about the 8x8, but I think I'm going to need a more portable/modular rig. I have stairs to deal with, and my gigging buddies are 1 hour away, so I'm the one who has to pack up and move each time. My 410HE is heavy, but definitely manageable. I want to keep it under 100lbs.

4. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    ah ha! I see....well then, I would recomend a cab or two with neodymium magnets,and able to handle 800 watts rms together in an 8 ohm load.Maybe Avatar? 2 210's would kick!

5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Is the XS800 too much for the 410HE? Adding another cab increases the power the cabs can handle.

The 410HE + 15E = 700W. A great match for the 800W of the XS800.

What don't you like about the current setup?

6. I love my current setup! The 410HE gets ragged on a little bit around here, but I wouldn't take nothing for mine. I just want to add that nice big extra "ooomph" that a 15 will give. The Ampeg 15, I think, is 200 watts at 8 ohms. I'm still a novice at all this watts/ohms talk, so I wanted to see what others thought about a 410/15 cabinet combination with the Yorkie 800 on top. I didn't want it to be too much power going to the 15.

7. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    If you are worried about it, why not look at the SVT-18. That will give you lots of ooomph! If you have a friendly local music store they might even let you try it with your head and the 410.