Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yorkville xs800 vs Ashdown Mag 600r

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dvon1981, Jan 28, 2006.

1. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    So i've been agonizing over a decision for a new head. I've got an ashdown mag 410 cab right now and need a solid head to power it.

I'm debating between these two head. Anyone have experience with either that can recomend one over the other?

2. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    nobody?

3. dvon1981

dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006

I'd love and abm 500, it just twice the price of the yorkville...just can't justify that

4. The ABM is so much warmer, rounder and fuller than the Mag, but I can't afford one right now either. Like Smash the only problem I have ever had with my Mag is the VU meter, and I had a similar problem with my Ashdown guitar amp. It is irrelevant to how the amp sounds. The Mag is an excellent amp and I highly recommend it. I have played one of the Yorkville 400s and thought it lacked clarity. Based on my limited experience I would pick the Mag.

5. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    I vote Yorkville. The customer support and reliability is IMHO definitely on the side of Yorkville.

6. I owned the xs800 and I didn't like the tone.
    Research the new Carvin amps in the same price zone as the yorkville and the reviews I've seen seem to be good.