Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

YORKVILLE!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I'm going to go buy the BassMaster Bass Amp
    XM200 - Bass Combo - 200w, 15 inch / Tweeter tomrrow. Then when i need it I will buy the XC210 - 300 W Bass Cabinet 2x10 inch / Horn. :bassist:

Any who

Is their any problems with it before I go and buy it?

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
  3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    you should be pretty happy with the new yorkville stuff, its solid, not too expensive, and has the speaker out to power another cab.

If I had to buy a combo I would definitely start looking at yorkville, then others, and then probably get a yorkville!!! :hyper:

EDIT: oops I forgot.....GREAT TONE

4. username1

username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    I just want to coment that yorkville not only has a great warrantee but also a great sevrice dept. I dont even own a yorkville but emailed them with a power rating question and got a very long detailed answer. Very friendly and helpfull people there. I was impressed.

5. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Best company, hands down, that I've ever dealt with. Never a hassle with warrantee, reps that know what they're talking about, and killer product. All this at a price that makes you say.........huh?
    Corey

6. +1 on everything :) Delt with them on a set of 2nd hand studio monitors, which they fixed for free! (the rear amplifier housing started rattling - who knows how they were treated before I got them). They've been perfect ever since. They paid S+H and I didn't pay a single dime. When I sent Yorkie the initial email with the problem, I was completely ready to pay for the repair AND had asked them what the shop rate was... it was their idea to do it for free. Now that's a company interested in making a quality product and keeping the customer happy. Lets pray the bean counters don't get involved.

- Andrew

7. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    The great thing about their warrantee is that you don't have to be the original owner, or even have a receipt. They will go by the production date on the inside of the product if there's no paperwork.
    Corey

8. bill7122

bill7122

Feb 23, 2003
    Albany NY area
    Good choice. I use mine to leave at practice (rig to gigs). Nice & punchy without the lows getting mushy. I play a couple 5-strings 2003 Lakland 55-02 deluxe & 99 Warwick Corvette Std, but with one of the last wenge necks. You need to eq pretty hard to bring out nice full highs, but it will get snappy with the horn if you like the maxotreble deal.

9. DAcat

DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    Iowa
    Congratulations on your new combo! :) I really like my new Yorkie Bassmaster XS800H-it seriously rocks my Schroeder 410...Great tone!!! :D

10. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Yeah I bought it!!!!A vary long time ago..............

They stopped making that cab to go with it. I'm sad now.

11. ever compared the preamp of the heads to the xm200 combo preamps? I remember putting a plain Ibanez passive bass (v/v/t/) and it sounded amazing through the fifteen......so clean and smooth, yet able to break out and kick @$$.....I wonder how much better the xs800h sounds.

12. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Much...the pre in the XM200 doesn't have a parametric mid, nor does it have the selectable tube pre/parallel tube drive circuit...as good as the XM200 pre sounds, the XS400/XS800 pre's sound respectively exponentially better and likewise give better/more tonal shaping options!

13. awesome
    the only thing i was looking for that the xm200 didn't have was a more metallic sounding response to my plucking. i like some of that new roundwound string grind

14. greaseball

greaseball

Dec 1, 2005
    I bought that exact set-up over a year ago. My advice is to run it flat, forget the 'scoop', and buy a good 4ohm cab instead of the Yorkville ext. cab. which IMHO does not add much to the overall sound of the amp. IMO you will get more out of the amp if you run this amp at it's rated 2 ohms, as opposed to the 2.6 ohms with the 8 ohm Yorkville ext. cab. I also run a sansamp DI into the front, which fattens up the tone. It's also a heavy bugger, so add a set of handles to the side, unless you are built like Hulk Hogan. Very clean sounding amp...enjoy!

15. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Actually, Yorkville does have a 4 ohm bass ext. cab, the YBX1510 (2x10 + 1x15 in one enclosure). It was designed for use with the YBA200, but IMO sounds much better with hybrid amps (tube pre/solid state power section) or fully solid state amps.

It's rated 400w, but actually the speaker compliment adds up to 600w. An XM200T on top of that would give you a 200w 4x10 + 1x15 stack.

I agree about the weight issue...I put my back out once trying to move some on the sales floor! The top handle doesn't cut it, and it has been suggested that future models have side handles a la the XS400 amps.

16. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    yeah i got an old school 100B combo amp thats a 15 inch speaker and its in the shop now getting some fixing done on the input jack (nothing to do with the amp, previous owner messed it up).

I love their products, very affordable and puts out a great sound. You got a great product, enjoy it!!!!

17. You want a quality kick a$$ bass amp from Yorkville?

Then go find yourself a old Traynor Bassmaster MkII with the matching 4x10 cab. This is 'the rig'. Rev Groove took care of getting it all checked out, new tubes, some new feet, and it is just like it was it it first rolled out of the door some 30 yrs ago.

Hi-Jack...
    Thanks again Rev...actually Rev, am looking to do a trade in. Are you in next Sat (Jan 7th) morn? Looking to bring in a combo and extension to trade for a head like we were talking before. Let me know what works for you...

And now...back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Haven't played the xm series, but I own the XS series, and have no complaints or problems from quality or sound wise.

18. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    See now I want the Traynor stack. I also want a yorkville rig. I would only need the 400 head(I would buy the 800 tho) with 2 10's and 1 15.

I just noticed how they didn't stop making the compact 15 cab.

19. I like Yorkville's stuff, it's great quality for a good price. However I would say that as good as the XM combos are, they don't even compare to the new XS series of hybrid amps. If you can pick one up (they make em in 2x10 or 1x15 configs, 400 watts I believe), you'll definitely be happy. Awesome stuff.