Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yorkville

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by danhorne, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Little question. I have no where localy to test any Yorkville stuff. But will a york 2x10 combo compare to a Eden Metro ? Would like to know any ones opinion. Thanks,

Dan

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    :confused: ......ahh.......its all good now....[​IMG]

Sorry, I haven't tried these two.

3. haha sorry.. pressed submit before i wrote anything.

4. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Yorkvilles rules!!!! I have the 1X15. Its kicks my @$$!!

5. Lue

Lue

Sep 30, 2003
    Yorkville currently has a couple of 2X10’s an xm200t (200 watts/2 ohms) and the xs400t (400 watts/4 ohms) which one did you have in mind. There is some reviews on HS on either one at http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data/Yorkville/.I hope that helps. :D

6. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Both Musicstop and Buckley's should have Yorkville bass amps. Give either of them a call and see what's in stock. I am sure one of them would order in a 2x10 if you wanted to try it out. My money is on the XS400T. The XM200T is a great amp, but nothing beats the added power and headroom, plus the additional features (tube preamp, footswitchable tube overdrive etc etc) of the XS400T

I have tried out the Metro a few times and always been disappointed. I didn't find it to be very loud before overdriving, and the one in the store broke down right in front of me. They sent it back and soon had a new one to try out, and I succeeded in destroying that one in the first 5 minutes of use too. Reading up on them afterwards they seemed to have a history of not being reliable and having extremely poor service records when dealing with Eden.

7. ok thanks boys..

i checked out buckley's and hey carry them. i'm gonna head in there soon to give it a try. Thanks again.

Dan

8. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    I've played the XS400T. It's massive sounding for a 2x10 combo. I was pretty shocked. That amp has a considerable amount of low-end. Sounded great but far too heavy for me right now.

Though it is heavy, they did right creating a 2x10 cabinet of that size in the combo. Again, lots of lows with that one.

9. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    I like the fact that the XS400T combo can be mated with any of their extension cabinets, it has the same width so it fits nicely and looks good as a system. Not mismatched. One would almost think that they did that on purpose :bassist:

I used to play live with a Hartke 1x15 combo and a Hartke 4x10, which was a few inches wider. It looked silly stacked up, and with the corners, never quite sat right on top of it, always was lopsided and tippy. When I started driving it hard the 4x10 would shift sideways off the plastic corners and look like it wanted to fall.

10. Juddium

Juddium

May 24, 2004
    Anyone got an opinion on Yorkville's XS800H head?

11. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Excellent point! I like to sit mine on top of an XC410 on ocassion for a massive wall of sound (6x10), but the XC210 would suffice (4x10).

A more "common" configuration would be to add an XC115 or XC115X.

Whichever Yorkville Ext. cab you mate the XS400T with, it's going to sound great! :bassist:

12. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    It's going to be out in a few weeks...watch for my review! The prototype I tried a few months ago was awesome, I'm sure the production model will be that much better.

13. Thanks for the info, i'm an Eden fan but have been hearing alot about Eden (heads mostly) crapping out with various and numerous problems on this forum lately. Is this a big issue? And how do the two Combo's (Metro Vs. XS400T) compare to each other. I would like to match it with a 15 later on.

If anyone has had some experience with both let me know what you think. I will be going to really test the XS400T soon but i always like to hear what everyone on this site thinks.

By the way, I have a 5-String and am into almost everything music wise.

Thanks alot,
    Dan

14. I think a Yorkville XM200 would be louder than an Eden Metro but tone-wise, the Metro sounds much better because it has a tube pre-amp. Can't comment on the reliability issue because the Metro is not mine and is only used in a studio. My Yorkville 200B is probably 10+ years old but works with absolutely no problems, not even scratchy pots. Pricewise, Yorkville is far cheaper than the Eden and offers more bang for the buck. The Yorkville is 58 lbs and the Eden is 78 lbs, if that's a factor too. I can move my 200B by myself but I'd need help to move the Metro.