Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Jan 30, 2006.

1. what do you guys & gals, I think I will be getting this Yorkville amp for church, and for clubs?, what do you all think?

I will be getting her for $420.
    :hyper: :ninja: :bassist:
  2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    I've recently been looking at yorkville stuff too, but I haven't made a decision on if I like them or not. Make sure you put up a reveiw for it!
  3. You bet, also I still have to do a review on my Cort artisan "B4" bass, and my little 10 watt Ibanez amp, mind you that thing rocks for only being 10 watts. I wonder what this amp will do if the little Ibanez can rock, I dont even want to think about the horror it can unlease, hehe.
  4. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I have it, and I love it. Loud enough to stand up to my guitarists Peavey XXX half-stack, in rehearsal and on stage alike. You wont' be dissapointed. Actually, I've been thinking of getting a stack, and if I do, I'll be going with Yorkville.

5. Thank you for the reply Bassgod. How does she sound with flatwounds? and any other pros you can give me on this amp?

6. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    very good slap tone! up here in canada,yorkville is hands down THE best bang for you're buck!
    get it and good luck! oh yeah...u can also add the extension speaker that is cutom fit to that amp for more watts and thump!
  7. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Sorry, I don't really use flatwounds. But aside from the great sound, I can tell you that the amp is built like a tank. I dropped it once, and it sounded as beautiful as ever. Sounds equally as good with passive basses as it does with actives. I'm able to dial in awesome tones with both my Prescision bass, and my ESP with active EMGs.

In the 2+ years I've owned it, the only flaw has been the handle. It's pretty weak, and there's only one handle on top, making it awkward to carry. But I'm willing to sacrifice for good tone. ;)

There are better amps out there. But for the price, I don't think anything beats Yorkville, period.

8. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    It sounds great with flatwounds. I used one for a year and it could handle any room I used to play. With an extension cabinet it sounds huge. Yorkville really is a bargain.

I found the single handle was plenty strong but it is awkward to carry that way. I thought of mounting a handle on each side. I bought a folding dolly that made things a lot easier.
  9. Thank you guys, I cannot wait for my first real amp, Right now Im playing thru a Ibanaz soundwave 10 watt amp, its not bad but I want deep bass, and not weak bass. Man I'm so stocked cant wait.
  10. Yeah, My folks will give me the extra $40 to buy the amp the same day intead waiting 2-3 weeks to pay it off, woohoo.

11. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Enjoy man. And tell us how you like it.

12. is it true, with this amp I can get any tone i want?, like the blues brothers or green day? or BB kings? "although BB-King is a 6 string guitar player?"
  13. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    They get rave reviews here.

I've seen two local acts use them - one with success, the other with failure.

The one who succeeded is punk, a three-piece. Their bassist uses a '51 Style P bass. It's loud, clear, and agressive.

The one who failed is an 80's style rock band with two guitarists. Their bassist used a P/J bass. Was not heard at all. The volume was near cranked and on stage it "sounded fine" but even for the first audience members it was lost.
  14. Thanks guys, How does she do as a sub for my home system? and Yes, I have the right cables inputs, and an extra xlr cable toboot.

15. bribass

Jan 25, 2006
    Northern NJ
    Endorsing Artist; Arnold Schnitzer/ Wil DeSola New Standard RN DB
    All the Yorkeville stuff is great. They know how to get clean, but warm tone out of their very tough and road-worthy gear w/ minimal $. I love their PA stuff too. Ya know they used to be (and still have a line of tube amps) called Traynor. I've been using their little B50 watt practice amp for about 7 years w/ my DB (and sometimes BG). It's one of the best sounding amps I've owned in 27 years of bass playing.

16. YOU call 850 watts little? Man I like to see you're rig of doom lol.

Btw what she sound like with my 5.1 set up I have rca cables that turn in to a mic out put, nice eh?
  17. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Is that the 1 X 15" or 2 X 10" combo? I have the latter and pre-load it with a BDDI. Great for practice and smaller venues. Best bang for the buck!

18. This particular amp model is the 2x10, I'm so excited, and I hope wednesday comes very soon.
  19. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Good show! I actually bought mine after selling an Eden 4 X 10 combo (90+ lbs). I ended up having a second hernia repair and swore off heavy gear forever. I have more mesh in my abdomen than a screen door.