Yorkville8X8 vs Yorkville 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, May 16, 2005.

1. You guys have alll been a great help in answering my qestoins but finally a 4 times 10 stack or a 8 by 8 stack I was wondering the 8 by 8might be too "lacking" but the 4X10 is 600W 8ohm and the 8X8 is 800W at 4ohm I was wondering wich would be better for

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I've played both cabs, and still have the XC808...the XC808 is definitely NOT lacking in comparison, and in my opinion is tuned a LOT better than the XC410. What head are you planning to use with it?

I guess try both and use your ears. I'm not a fan of the XC410 or XC210 in their current design, so I am a bit biased. Good luck!
  3. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I personnally tried both cabinets and with different heads as well.

The 8 X 8 (for Yorkville) is more punchy and has tons of bottom end to offer for any style of music. At 800 watts, this cab can really take a good beat no problem !!!

If you are looking for a good 410, then the EDEN 410XLT is the choice to make !
  4. superflybass

superflybass Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    used to play eden they blew up on me all of the time I have the xc410 and xc15 no problems at all they sound good there somewhat skinny cab compaired to the eden they sound great with my yorkville head and very transparent with my EA
  5. I have a XC410 and have no major complaints, its lacking a little in the midrange department but that can be tweaked through your amp or eq. Lots of low end and the highs are not harsh. I dont use the tweeter very much, i have it set on minmal volume and its been working for me. I tried the 8x8 once but I dont have much experience. In the short time I tried I did not notice a huge diffrence between the 410 and 808.
  6. I was looking for a good 410 and The Eden seemed nice, yet expensive so I thought the EBS 410 seems really nice any opinions on that
  7. timinator

May 8, 2005
    Some of the best bang-for-the-buck cabs right now are from Avatar.

My main cab is a 4x10 (SWR Workingman's), but I've never seen an 8x8 that sounded bad. If your car can fit either, just ask your ears and they'll tell you!
  8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Play them side by side if you can.
    I had an swr 410T, sold it. I have an swr henry 8x8, kept it;)
  9. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Isn't EBS pretty much just as expensive?

Sk8ter, what sort of sound are you after?