You are forced to get rid of everything except one bass, one amp, one cab, one pedal

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ThinCrappyTone, May 3, 2019.

1. Keger Jupit

Keger Jupit Inactive

May 10, 2018
    The Great PNW!!
    This...

My gear Ashdown combo ABM EVOII.jpg

I'd pass on the pedal for this...

My gear Ashdown cab ABM 115.jpg

& my newly acquired 4-string I have dubbed, John Francis...

My Gear John Francis.jpg

...but I'd rather join the Resistance!

2. pappabass

pappabass Inactive

May 19, 2006
    Alabama !! Roll Tide
    My Fender P bass I guess,, no wait, my ESP/LTD D4, but it is not a Fender,,,

ThinCrappyTone likes this.
  3. oZZma

oZZma

Sep 13, 2018
    Italy
    Being an outlaw makes bi-amping even more exciting.

4. dr_gonzo

dr_gonzo

Apr 27, 2017
    Fender Rumble 500
    Zoom b3n
    and a USA Musicman SUB.

craig0316 and ThinCrappyTone like this.
  5. Bass: My Carvin B5. Does everything I need perfectly. I cant ask for anything better.
    Amp: My GK MB 500. I'd keep my Hartke XL series 410. It's the heaviest and a pain to lug around, but I gets the job done and sounds great.
    Pedal: My Sansamp BDDI. Only pedal I've ever used actually.

BnB

6. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    My Fodera 5, Genzler Magellan 350 head, Genzler BA 12-3 cab, Boss OC-2

7. 9Thumbs

9Thumbs

Jul 3, 2013
    Near Boston
    Tough choice between my Thompson upright or a Tele Bass, I guess the Tele would be easier to transport during wartime. Ampeg PF350, and one or two SVT 15E cabs. Pedals are for guitarists. I'd let Tom choose which one he wanted me to take so that he could have two.

gypsyfelon and ThinCrappyTone like this.
  8. It’s “The Cone of Shame” for bassists.

9. Rip Van Dan

Rip Van Dan DNA Endorsing Artist Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Duvall, WA
    Easy Peasey -

• Current all around amp is my Eden WT500/800. It's a dual power-block amp that was originally 250 watts per channel/500-watts bridged that was upgraded to 400-watts per channel/800-watts bridged by the man hisownself David Nordschow who I bought it from in a private sale. It will freaking run anything I want.

• Current cab that does everything - DNS-410-8 by DNA. This is also a David Nordschow design from his new company. It will handle 1400-watts rms and I feed it with my 800-watt Eden amp. It is amazingly clear, loud, and articulate. Max SPL is 137db, but my amp will only run it to ~ 134db (theoretically). No need to lug around an 810. Really is my one cab solution.

Here's my rig:
    MySetUp_zpsd9o9fzgl.jpg

• My "one pedal" is my WTDI, which is what I use when I have to run FOH or through a backline. It's a dead-quiet DI with a built-in Eden preamp and adjustable compressor.

WTDI_442x225.jpg

whero and ThinCrappyTone like this.
  10. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    1960 Ampeg B15
    '80s Cort Slammer (short scale)
    No pedals needed.

11. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:roflmao::D:laugh::roflmao:
    you cats are killing me! :laugh:

- i grab any one of my axes. (not the fretted one)
    - i grab a small combo amp, 300-500 watts.
    - i grab the most expensive pedal available but i trade it for a supply cold mexican beer as soon as possible.

hey! PM with the exact date --- sounds like fun! :laugh:

Wisebass and ThinCrappyTone like this.
  12. Hah! Let ‘em try. I was divorced. I’ve been debased by experts.

13. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    What I have right now. Valenti P/J, Audiokinesis hathor 1203, Genzler magellan 800, but the pedal poses a challenge. Probably some kind of dirt... the Darkglass Alpha Omega,perhaps?

14. ThinCrappyTone

ThinCrappyTone Guest

Oct 1, 2011
    Me too, brother, me too :roflmao:

Ronzo likes this.
  15. dBChad

dBChad

Aug 17, 2018
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Since I can only have one of each, sell all my current gear off piece by piece to different individuals and buy the gear I really want. Probably keep my cab, trade the SWR Workingpro for a Super Redhead, keep my Zoom B3n, and sell off my Peavey 5 strings and my unknown bass resonator to purchase a Wolf 7 string.

16. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    If there's any chance of overthrow, I'd join the resistance.

If there's no chance of overthrow, then is there any chance I could get out of there before the borders are closed and I'm trapped by the oppressive regime? If there is, then I grab my stuff and get out!

If I can't get out, then survival is my only choice and I make the hard decision:

- Bass: Stingray 5HH. I love my G&L L-2500, too, but this is a pretty easy decision.

- Amp: G-K MB800. Wow, that's a tough one! Overall I'd give a very slight edge to my Mesa D-800, but I think I like the sound of my Stingray through my MB800 a little more, so the G-K gets to stay.

- Cab: Barefaced Big Baby II. Easiest of my decisions, I have two of these and a Barefaced One10 so one of the two bigger cabs gets to stay.

- Pedal: EHX Bass Soul Food. Yeah, I know, a lot of people here hate it. Not me.

Joebone likes this.
  17. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    The E series MIJ 84-87 Fender P bass I started playing on thirty some years ago.

SVT-CL

Ampeg 610AV

Broughton Always On HPF

18. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Funniest part about my selection is it’s the bass and amp I first owned - and still do.

I thought it would make for a nice symmetry if everything that came between then and now circled round and brought me right back to what I started with. :)

Kinda like T.S. Eliot’s poem Little Gidding where he said:

What we call the beginning is often the end
    And to make an end is to make a beginning.
    We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time.​

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    JRA likes this.
  19. My beloved '64 Fender Jazz bass, 2003 Aguilar DB750, Aguilar GS412 Cab and my Aguilar Filter Twin.

Ironically, I hardly ever use this stuff now. Go figure.

ELG60 likes this.
  20. gepettus

gepettus

Sep 17, 2011
    Argentina
    Warwick corvette std 5
    Gallien krueger 1001 rb ii
    Gallien krueger Neo 4x12
    Darkglass Alpha Omega ultra

Clean and distorted **** covered

From jazz to extreme metal :smug:

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2019
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021