1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

You Can't Fix Stupid

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fingerguy, Aug 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. fingerguy

fingerguy

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    I see some really stupid things day in and day out. So thought to find pics that are excellent visuals of stupidity.

Because-You-Cant-Fix-Stupid.

2. fingerguy

fingerguy

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    crossfit-not-awesome.

47th Street and GregC like this.
  3. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

This is more like amazeballs unless he gets hurt, then it turns into stupid :)

Imaginary Pony likes this.
  4. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I would submit that this is photoshopped, it would appear that the majority of the weight mass is behind the center of balance, Or... if it is real , he's on his way over backwards as the shot was taken

47th Street likes this.
  5. fingerguy

fingerguy

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    You MIGHT be right on the Photoshop HOWEVER Crossfit is notorious for doing really stupid stuff. Just watch some of their videos. My favorite is them pulling a car and one person gets run over because she couldn't keep up the pace. That is just an act of stupidity.

This is stupidity; Olympic lifts were not meant for high number of reps AND they were not meant to be done while balancing on odd objects. Olympic lifts are dangerous enough (not saying that like it's a bad thing) but to add unusual things like this IMHO is completely unnecessary.

47th Street and S-Bigbottom like this.
  6. Gaolee

Gaolee Outta my way! I'm caffeinated! Supporting Member

I must be stupid, although I train with light dumbbells, not Olympic weights. Most of the work I do in the gym is on an unstable surface like a ball, or is standing on one foot. The whole point isn't to get huge muscles, the point is to make sure everything is strong enough and working as a unit.

My back hurts, too. I wonder if there's a correlation... Nah, couldn't be.

Furthermore, I'm living proof there's a God who likes the entertainment. There's no way I should have survived some of the dumb stuff I seem to have gotten away with. I'm going to die of a hangnail someday, just because.

Imaginary Pony and 47th Street like this.
  7. fingerguy

fingerguy

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Not calling you stupid but......

Yes there is a correlation HOWEVER there are many reasons a back hurting. I have back issues but was born with them and to keep myself pain free I have to do Yoga.

8. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    image.

47th Street, GregC and GoLeafsGo like this.
  9. Gaolee

Gaolee Outta my way! I'm caffeinated! Supporting Member

I'm being a bit of a wise acre.

Both of my brothers have stiff backs, and mine has been fairly inflexible all my life. I do yoga, core exercises, and all kinds of other things to keep it under control. Back pain does not stop me from doing anything, it's just there letting me know I'm alive and occasionally making things a bit more challenging than usual.

A combination of rugby, American football, various martial arts, motorcycle racing (and crashing), construction work, and general all around physical activity over 56 years of being alive also contributed to all kinds of joint issues.

But, I'm still kinda dumb. I have an on-off switch and just go until something breaks. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

10. This machine says that it can fix me.

upload_2016-8-9_9-11-35.
    I have paid it five time and I am still waiting for it to do something. :atoz:
    Maybe I should try again.

11. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Yes...you should try again...and again...and again...

Disclaimer: I am not the owner/operator of the Test Your Stupidity Machine Co. or any of its licenses, patents or franchises
    . :angel::whistle:

12. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I'm not sure who the stupid one is here, the person that did the tat or the woman who paid for said tat

Aberdumbie and 47th Street like this.
  13. I'm sure...

:laugh:

47th Street likes this.
  14. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    There are enough stupid tattoos for their own thread.
    image.

15. grrg63

grrg63

Dec 14, 2005
    Pittsburgh
    Well, at least he used the less dangerous side of the axe. The really stupid guy is the one on the floor.
    UWpSqDJ.

16. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

If I avoid pointing out how stupid other people are then maybe I won't be as embarrassed when I do something stupid. :bag:

17. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I knew there was a good reason I dont get tats

18. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    still thats gotta smart just a little

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    grrg63 likes this.
  19. fingerguy

fingerguy

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    This reminds me of this girl that was part of this group on MySpace (yes I said MySpace). Anyway, one day she posts a new pic of her new tattoo: blue stars all over the side of her face. A few weeks later she posts how no one will hire her. Then I reply, didn't you think of that before the tattoo. Then she goes into that is racist, and blah blah blah. I basically told her, face it (no punt intended), tattoos on the face tend to set off a negative vibe with many people whether it's right or wrong or whether you like it or not, that's how it is. To tattoo ones face or neck or basically any tattoo that can't be covered, you have to think about your life choices, career, basically your whole future before doing it. She clearly did not do that.

I work with a guy that is covered in tattoos and that is fine. But he is forced to wear long sleeves and it's over 90 degrees today.

We have a lot in common. Good luck man.

Gaolee likes this.
  20. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    A buddy of mine started with a tattoo of a stick figure village on his chest. Why you ask? No one knows. Not even him. Ten years later and he's covered in tattoos up to his chin. Can't seem to find work. He doesn't understand why.

Aberdumbie likes this.