Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

You decide my next bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AntWhistle, Aug 26, 2004.

1. AntWhistle

AntWhistle

Jul 26, 2004
    Norwich, UK.
    Hey there, I looking to get a new bass, in the music store I work at there's an Ibanez EDA900 in a rare "ginger" colour! I've played it excessively through a GK & Hartke rig (I use Trace Elliot), it has really thumping lows & crisp highs. I hope to use it mostly for fingerstyle and some pickstyle.

What are your thoughts on this bass, or better still, do you have one & how do you use it?

Thanks ;)

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Now I'm disappointed. The title said decide your next bass, but then I read the posting and you are asking opinions about one specific bass. Could you title your posting more appropriately next time? Thank you.

3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Werent you able to smell some plastic hedor???
    I yhink its a psicotropic substance ibanez puts in that basses to make you think you want them.

Just to help you make a good choice, have you aver played a Jazz bass? or a Warwick corvette bubinga standar?

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't like most of the Ibanez Ergodynes, but the EDA series are very nice basses, for the price. What kind of deal are they going to give you? You know they are discontinued, right?

5. AntWhistle

AntWhistle

Jul 26, 2004
    Norwich, UK.
    Before it happens...don't start posting tips on how to play the bass, I 'm referring to EQ/strings/playing style.

I've currently got a Jazz, but I picked up the EDA and the thing that hooked me was the neck & action...it's so narrow and so low the strings are on the other side of the frets :p

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    If I get to pick your next bass, I insist you get this one:

[​IMG]

7. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I'd like to be forced to by one in red, please. :smug:

8. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Ok, I force you to buy one in red.

9. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I have an Ergodyne (EDB690, also in a rare-ish finish, a faux burl wood).

I say go for it, you seem to already like it and have formed an opinion, so I doubt we will really influence your decision.

I love my Ergodyne, if that even matters.

10. AntWhistle

AntWhistle

Jul 26, 2004
    Norwich, UK.
    Hi, I was looking for any warnings or bad experience stories as Ibanez is a bass I wouldn't normally go for, or even consider!

I'll be sitting on the bus home with my new EDA next week :)