Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

You favorite cheapo pedal(s)?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Beav, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I have to admit, I'm addicted to buying cheap pedals to see if I can use them in my signal chain. In the mass of buying cheap pedals I found some that really, really suck, but also some that toally rock for the money.

My favorite cheapo--

DOD FX 55B Supra Distortion. With the gain and tone turned down I can get some killer low end distortion.

price--$20 :D

2. geeyza

geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    boozer
    dodfx25 is a cool cheap pedal,I use it to get a dub sound,also I run my ibanez sb7 through fx25(in dub mode).can get very funky synth sounds.when i use my deep impact,mixing some signal from fx25(again in dub mode) helps keeping the bottom end fat.nice pedal.I really like it.
    peace

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    as mentioned, DOD FX 25 is good vfm.
    Ibanez PD7
    Digitech Bass Synth Wah ($80, is that still cheap ;) )

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I love my Aria Flanger that I picked up for £25 in a Pawn Shop.

Will let you know how much I like the Danelectro French Toast when I get it this week it cos me £10.

5. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Another vote for the Ibanez Phat Hed PD7. I actually sold my first one, and immediately regretted it. Luckily they can be found CHEAP.

6. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Every once in a while Ibanez comes up with good sounding budget pedals. I used to have an Ibanez BC-5 (Soundtank line -plastic casing- bass chorus). Payed $60 for it back then. Sold it when I got my first multieffects. Liked it a lot! Also there was this chorus&flanger pedal Ibanez made back in the 90s (green and black one) that was amazing (not specifical for bass), can't remember the model.

ANDRUCA

7. the BOSS OD-1, The Ibeenhad PD-7, the BOSS Bass Chorus, the Royal Octavefuzz, the Danelectro Daddy-O, and anything flea-market special that ends up working with a little TLC.

8. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    This is funny... I am a boutique geek... Yet my now NEW favorite chorus is the original Arion SCH-1 Stereo Chorus, when new they cost about 40 bucks. And untill recently they could be found for 15-20 bucks... But then it got out that Scott Henderson and Micheal Landau used them, as well an a few other pro "geetar players"... I got mine for free - and thats as cheap as they come...

Alex

9. well, i'll add my vote for the DOD FX25B, really good filter for the money imo, also i picked up two sabine NexFX pedals for $30 each, and they are really nice...i got an overdrive and fuzztortion...they have a two band eq on each (mid & treble...isn't that strange? no bass) and they have two outputs, one dry, one effected, and they also light up so you can see they settings on a dark stage! for $30, they aren't bad!

10. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Cool thread, I like cheap! I don't use individual pedals anymore, but I kept most of mine because they're fun and I know I'll go back to them some day. I got a DOD Meat Box for around $25 on ebay, sub lows galore!

11. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Danelectro Hashbrowns flanger.

12. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    Danelectro Tuna Melt tremolo.

13. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Indeed, I also have this pedal, even though it's retared that they put the power adapter right next to the input.

14. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I'll second the Daddy-O, and I have a DOD FX55, original model, no tone control. Just gain and volume with an added blue LED. Sweet stuff.

15. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
  16. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I am finally coming back to my dod fx25b, after it had some timeout in the corner, it's starting to grow on me.

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Boss BF-2, it's bordering on cheap at $40 used.

18. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    Boss CE-2B that I got for $15. Best chorus I've used. Also ODB-3 sounds bitchin

19. DOD 250 Preamp/OD reissue at $40. Great subtle OD.