You get $6,000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by txmulletrocker, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim nolte

jim nolte

Oct 26, 2006
    california
    I don’t listen to gospel but am curious why those particular basses, they all sound different from each other so it can’t be a particular sound that’s required, is it just that that’s what other gospel bassists are playing?

2. DrThumpenstein

DrThumpenstein Living for the groove Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    I’m very happy with my Fodera Yin Yang, although it’s “just” a 4. Not sure this particular model would work in a lot of churches, with the homage to Taoism, but it plays and sounds great. They make several models and, of course, custom builds, although there’s a bit of a wait right now, and those can’t be had in that price range.

I got mine previously owned through tb classifieds. You might find something well within your range if you look around.

0A16C53F-DEFA-431F-ACB4-D0E242C08472.jpeg

Qlanq and Element Zero like this.
  3. SgtHulka

SgtHulka Suspended Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Fort Arnold
    I'd spend a $1 on a gumball and invest the rest into the spatula industry.

mikewalker likes this.
  4. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    Maybe buy something functional & humble and realize that most of the people giving their hard earned money every Sunday to the church did not intend it to go towards your exotic bass fetish....

gg22 likes this.
  5. fauxtoe

fauxtoe Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Southern California
    This was going to be my exact answer including if I had to stick with the list. My Roscoe LG3005 does a fantastic job in the modern worship setting and it's one of the main reasons I bought it. The tone is very tight and it responds to playing dynamics extremely well.

In the last few years I've used Modulus (Q5, FB5, FB4), Gould (GGi4-JJ, GGi5), Ernie Ball (Stringray Special 4H), Lakland (44-64), Roscoe (LG3005), and Rickenbacker (4003) basses between three different congregations and they all did just fine. $6k on a single bass? Nah...buy two in the $3k range. One for backup or another tone flavor.

Mighty Thumb likes this.
  6. On a single 5 string? F-Bass or Pedulla.

Lackey likes this.
  7. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I would buy 2-3 solid axes. If I HAD to spend it all in one place - probably a Fodera sixer, new / used / whatever, just to have one. I refuse to spend more than 3k for a bass on principle.

8. fauxtoe

fauxtoe Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Southern California
    That's a pretty wild and, from what I have gathered, very incorrect assumption about the OP and what he's asking. He's not using the church's tithing money or donations for his bass. Your average church goer isn't going to have a clue about what the value of his instrument is, nor do they likely even care. We had someone fill in with a humble P bass one day, and upon talking to him it turns out it was an original from the 60's worth far more than anything I own.

GregC, SemiDriven and SgtHulka like this.
  9. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Westminster, CO
    I'm sorry, but did I miss where the OP said he's using tithing money to pay for a bass?

31HZ and Element Zero like this.
  10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    There are SO many threads resembling "you have this much to spend on a bass", we don't need one open that has so much religion bashing in it.

GregC, SemiDriven, JLY and 6 others like this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.