1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

You gotta love Mike Watt's persistance

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 3toes, Sep 18, 2008.

1. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    As I'm sure a lot of you know, Mike and the rest of The Stooges had their gear stolen a few months ago, including his heavily modified EB-3 "The Little Bass." He was since given an EB-3 "The Andy Bass" (by someone named Andy I assume).

Well it looks like The Andy Bass is well on its way to being "The Little Bass II" :)

watt.

2. basslinejam

basslinejam

Mar 21, 2005
    New York City
    Oh Man! I had know idea Watts EB3 was stolen. How could anyone think they could possibly sell that thing without being found? Where were they?

3. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
  4. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

Bummer. Montreal sadly has the highest auto theft rate (per capita) in N. Am. It's a safe city for people, but not cars, LOL. I had my truck stolen there 3 years ago, and my partner's truck was stolen from inside the Olympic Stadium underground (gated) parking lot the year before.

5. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Anybody know who is pictured on the lower horn?

6. Looks like Coltrane to me, but the pic is small

7. Yeah, that's Coltrane.
    Thing is, he has another modded EB-3, the blue bass pictured on his hootpage. Wonder why he didn't have that one picked up or shipped to meet the tour.

8. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Is it a EB-3L? He doesn't play long-scale live much since it's uncomfortable for him.

9. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks for the pic, 3toes. I knew about the theft, but haven't been to the hoot page in a bit. Glad to see Watt has the Germs logo going already.:D I can't wait for his record with Nels Cline to come out!

10. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    It was actually off of his myspace :) But welcome just the same.