You guys ever heard of this dude Jerzy from Spain? Cool stuff

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eureka kid, Jan 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. eureka kid

eureka kid Better here than Philadelphia

d84c4908502bbcd7ba171ce7ce0df144.jpg

gebass6 and kesslari like this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Jerzy Drozd? From Poland, currently in Spain, no? In any case, yeah, he's considered a wizard by many around here...

Garret Graves likes this.
  3. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    No, who is he? I think I saw him on a reality show with Snookie.

Chico Ruger and songwriter21 like this.
  4. eureka kid

eureka kid Better here than Philadelphia

Amen to the wizard comment. Considering everything they aren't that pricey.

5. Currently, there are 24 pages of comments in the Jerzy Drozd club
    Jerzy Drozd Club

Jerzy Drozd is among the top of my wishlist, but they are quite expensive for me. I'd love to own one, but it will take some time to save money.

@benchpress11782 received his order in Oct 2017. It looks immaculate and he posted a video with it. He advised the build-time for the instrument was 1 year.
    My brand new Jerzy Drozd came in!!!!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    bholder likes this.
  6. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Ask our own @benchpress11782 (aka "Jerzy Six" on Youtube, check out his vids).

benchpress11782 and TolerancEJ like this.
  7. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

Ever heard of Jerzy Drozd?
    JEJgif-001.gif

8. benchpress11782

benchpress11782 Supporting Member

May 23, 2007
    Thank you Bholder. I appreciate the share friend.

9. benchpress11782

benchpress11782 Supporting Member

May 23, 2007
    Would be glad to answer any questions about my Jerzy build. Jerzy is a master luthier and when I held my bass in my hands it showed. And once I played it, it REALLY showed. :thumbsup:

TolerancEJ likes this.
  10. I encourage anyone to send questions to this TB’er. He answered many questions for me.

benchpress11782 likes this.
  11. Has to be easier than filling out Jerzy's questionare or paying 100euro to visit "the castle" :laugh:

TolerancEJ and benchpress11782 like this.
  12. Mastodon2

Mastodon2

Feb 27, 2008
    He makes some lovely instruments and I'd definitely have on my shortlist of builders for a custom bass when I get round to ordering one, but I do worry about how customer-focused he is. If you read his website, he seems to live in some sort of alternate universe. I can imagine the communications (which as I understand it are not even handled by Jerzyt at all) just now...

"Hello, I haven't heard any updates on my bass in 12 months, can I ask for some progress on the build and whether it is going to miss the agreed delivery date?"

"What is a deadline? Deadlines are a just a point in time and what is time, but a construct of a mortal being? Does nature answer to time, or even acknowledge it's existence?"

"I just want to know whether to expect my bass this year or not!"

It seems that there is a bit of a cult of personality built up around the man which I always find a bit concerning. You only have to look at the official Kiesel guitar and bass group on Facebook to see how one man can become deified in an echo chamber of flagellant worshippers and once that happens there is an army of zealots ready to defend every failure, every missed deadline or sloppy workmanship - though it must be said as far as I can tell, Jerzy's workmanship appears to be excellent.