Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

You guys must put something in the water, I tell ya...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's impossible to stay away from this place. I've wanted to find out more about Mark Sandman and building effects pedal boards, so I've been lurking. Then I see a thread about stoner rock and have to post. Then in order to find out more info on everything, I need to interact.

So yeah, I was off talkbass for about a week, that's a record for me...

So is anything... you know... shakin...

Also, to give this thread more content than the average "Talkbass is worse than crack" threads... here's a list of words I find amusing...

Chalk
    Hash
    Mow
    Clap
    Moron

Also, a picture of James Watt, the Scottish Inventor best known for his improvements on the steam Engine
    [​IMG]

Also, for the ladies...

Kip Winger
    [​IMG]

For the fellas

Vixen
    [​IMG]

Also

Ice Blocks Recipe

Ice cubes are attractive in a glass of water or other cold drink. They may be flavored or colored or decorated. Crushed ice is used in soup plates under raw oysters and clams, and to surround fish or fruit cocktails and fruit juices. Ice blocks, colored and decorated, may be used in punch bowls.

To Make Ice - dip the cast iron support in water and place in position. Put 2 quarts of water in large pan and 1 quart of water in the small pan. The water in the small pan will freeze in less than 4 hours. The water in the large pan will freeze in less than 8 hours. For quick freezing place the shallow tray beneath the large one on top of the support, and interchange as soon as lower tray is frozen solid. More than 6 pounds of ice can be made at one time - enough to freeze 3 quarts of ice cream in a regulation freezer.

To Freeze Ice Cubes - put into the pans the partitions which come with them and fill with water. In the small pan you can make 28 cubes of ice - in the large one, 28 double-size cubes. If an extra supply is needed, just store the finished cubes in the glass tray under the chilling unit. They will remain frozen for 24 hours.

To Remove Ice Blocks - when wanted for use for cooling water or other beverages hold the pan of ice blocks under the faucet, bottom side up, and then top side up. Remove ice and partitions. Blocks can then be removed easily from between the partitions.

Colored Ice Cubes - Add to 1 quart water any desired food color. Red and green are especially attractive. Better still, add enough bright colored fruit juice to color and flavor the water. Freeze.

Blackberry Ice Cubes with Lemonade - Mix 2 cups blackberries with 1/2 cup sugar or use 1 No. 2 can of blackberries. Strain through a sieve. Pour 1 cup cold water through the sieve to dilute the syrup. Freeze and serve 2 or 3 cubes in each glass of Lemonade. Other berries, especially raspberries and loganberries may be used in place of the blackberries. The solid fruit which remains in the sieve may be forced through the sieve and be used for Fruit Cream.

Ice Block for Punch Bowl - Fill large refrigerator pan with water, plain or delicately colored, and freeze. Remove from pan, place in punch bowl and surround with Lemonade, or any desired fruit punch.

Garnished Ice Cubes - Put in each compartment of large or small refrigerator pan, 1 maraschino cherry or 1 candied cherry or 1 or 2 mint leaves or 1 violet without the stem or 1 pansy or 1 tiny rosebud or 1 flower of hyacinth or 1/4 slice of lemon or checkerberries. Fill with water and freeze, or half fill the pan and when frozen add a decoration to each compartment and add a little water. Let that freeze until the decoration is held in position, then fill the tray with water and finish freezing, with the decoration in the center.
    Decorated Ice Block - Before the ice block is frozen completely, remove some of the water from the center and place a wreath of candied cherries and mint leaves on the ice. Add enough water to barely hold the decorations in place and return to refrigerator. When this water is frozen so that the decorations will hold, fill the space with more water and let it freeze. Remove by holding the pan for a moment under the running water. Place with the decorated side uppermost in punch bowl and surround with any desired punch.

from freerecipies.com

And a big ol' bear hug from your Uncle Matt.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Mmmm....winger chest...

brad cook

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    you suck at quitting talkbass.

is the girl on the far left of the picture that actress from Grease?

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I have a better recipe for ice.

Water - Heat = Ice

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I never once heard a recording of Vixen. But seeing that pic reminded me that they had an endorsement deal with JBPlayer Guitars back in the 80's that led to a lot of posters. One of which used that photo, I think. i was given many copies of the poster by the same store. I think they were trying to run out the stock. I don't know why. 75 % of the band was very cute. And the other 25% is okay, in kind of a Nancy Wilson way.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You left out "ointment."

7. and spatula

spa-tu-la

spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatuuuuuuula

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    And where do we get our spatulas?

AT SPATULA CITY!!!

brad cook

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    And "undies."

10. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    And, "Necronomicon."

11. Blubber
    Macadamea
    Buffont
    Bulbous
    Gazebo
    Muk luk

Anyone else a Dr Demento fan?

Rock on
    Eric

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Coprophagous pettifogger.

13. Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

Beat that, hot shot.

Rock on
    Eric

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    poop

15. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    We already had a few threads about these two recently, they were both featured in VH1's latest lame attempts to make fun of every genre of music available.

16. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    And props to Nick for getting the equation correct, as a recent theologic themed thread got around to proving that cold doesn't exist he would have been wrong to say "Water + Cold = Ice"

17. Ahh, I remember as a kid, driving down the highway- and we'd see that big Wal-Mart sized store with Spatula City emblazoned across the front of it. I'd beg Mom and Dad to take my sister and I there. Hopping up and down in the back of the station wagon... Those were the days.

I like saying:

Poo

and

Underpants.

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Now to throw a heated debate onto the fire to make this a spicey thread sandwich...

Who's the Boss?

[​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]

??!?!!??!?

19. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You cant be seriously asking that question.

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The future of classic rock will be forever changed!