1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

You guys were SO RIGHT about the MB-LM3 & 102P - Gig Content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Biggbass, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Couldn't find the thread from last week about this so am posting a new one just to say THANKS for all the input everyone gave me on using the LM3 and just the 102P cabfor the gig I played last night. ( and leaving the 15" cab at home ) Small wine bar gig, occupancy was approx 60 people, nice acoustics, just me on bass (my Lakland P with flatwounds) and a friend on acoustic guitar playing old classic and progressive rock tunes. The LM3 with just the 102 cab was perfect! I set the amp at 12 o'clock on all tone settings, filters off. It was sweeeeeeeeet! Even got a few cool comments on the sound of the bass from the audience during our break! That never happens...especially from adult women who we usually assume don't even notice the music until it stops :)

2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Markbass stuff sounds great and is SO EASY to move it’s ridicerous!!

3. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    Glad to hear it, pal. That's a great rig you have! I have a little gig tomorrow that will be pretty quiet, too, in the lobby of a fine arts center. Just a duo, me and a guy who'll play guitar or acoustic piano (kinda like on the side as folks come to the event). I'll be running my LMIII with 151P cab. The coolest thing is I get to be the whole rhythm section.