1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

you have got to be kidding (ebay content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrniceguy715, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    ...no it really is a Maton Wildcat!

[​IMG]

What's your point? Price, rarity, etc. We're not mind readers here on TB; that would be TBesp you'd be looking for! :D

2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    I think its kinda cool.. Never heard of them but thats not saying much. :)

3. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    well researched it. they are popular in Aus. But here in the us its just an off beat import that has had a hard life. its close enough to me I may check it out but. the pricetag I mean honestly.

4. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    "mega rare" is eBay speak for "I found this POS in a neighbor's attic and I'm selling it for what I can get before he notices it's missing."

5. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY

6. The price is obviously ridiculous, however I would really like to own it. I think it screams MOJO! :cool:

7. I wouldn't mind either....It's got something about it that just intrigues me.

But not for anywhere near that price.

It doesn't look like Maton makes basses any longer though, unless their site navigation is so screwed up that I just can't find one.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

It's missing the bridge cover, for crying out loud. No way I could pay over $2400 for it, the bridge cover is darned near impossible to find, and on the rare occasion that they pop up on Ebay, they usually go for $300 - $400.:scowl:

9. This thread is a true education. It looks absolutely awesome! And it's good to know that you can get something that cool at a better price.

Anyone ever hear how those things sound?

10. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    I have a theory about the way, way overpriced gear on ebay. I can see some guy at home with all his unsold gear telling his wife/gf/so that "I TRIED to sell it...."

11. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou

Great Idea!

12. I would pay maybe $500 for that. But I'd want a hard case and free shipping.

13. maton are a australian brand, very popular acoustic guitars and electrics to a slightly lesser extent, they dont make basses anymore.

14. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    It is what it is, and it sold for what it did. The price had to be collector driven by
    those who wanted it bad enough. It's fun to see how the collector market works for
    instruments that don't follow the usual U.S. patterns of obsession.

15. It doesn't look like it sold at all....

16. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    My bad. I didn't read through the auction. I thought it had sold.
    Now I wonder if any of our TBer's with knowledge of Maxon Basses could
    tell us what these usually go for.