Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

You have GOT to see this auction for a Rick...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Panther, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That was amazing.

2. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    That was....trippy...

Way too much effort!!

3. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    hahah :D nice rick :)

4. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Ahhhhh, "The Emperor".

He's always entertaining - we discuss him quite a lot over at the Rick forum.

5. agreed, its only a rick after all :bag:

6. Shakey

Shakey Vote for Pedro!!

Apr 12, 2005
    Roanoke, Va
    That has got to be the most imaginative listing I have ever seen.

7. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    he's becoming pretty popular over there, he's got a nice gimmick going for himself. the creative pictures seem to be working for him, but i think its just getting old.

enough with godzilla, i just want to look at the bass!!

8. What was he selling?????????????

9. ***....

[​IMG]

10. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I'd never go through that much effort for an E-bay listing, but it was definitely more entertaining than others. And if it helps him sell the bass, more power to him.

11. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    yes that is the emporer. ive seen at least 10 or so auctions for his ricks. they are all like that.

12. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

WHY?!!!!

:confused:

13. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    GAS x1000

IT'S ALL BLACK!

14. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    those silly canadians... :smug:

15. ocrichie

ocrichie

Jun 1, 2005
    Why would that help sell the bass? The man has the bass in mud ( leaning against the tree, I wonder how he takes care of it rest of the time???

16. hey, you know why it helps him sell? because I added him to my favorites list so I can go back and see more of his listings in the future. He got his listing posted here, and we all went there to look. The more people you get your product to, the more chances it has of selling. I think he did a great job, I laughed a lot and he actually has some pretty creative shots there.

BTW ...is that 'zilla humping the gorilla? monster p0rn or hidden messages?
    [​IMG]

17. There are a lot of "nouveau riche" (sp?) folks in that town, which may or may not be relevant in this case. I guess the rich really are different, at least in the amount of free time they have on their hands. I like all those old monster movies, so I enjoyed the listing.

18. i believe that's what it is. that thing cracked me up. he gets way more views that way... smart man

19. :bassist: I have never been too fond of the Rick look, but that one is B E A-UTIFUL!!! BTW....he has way too much time on his hands. Very creative. Brilliant marketing strategy, especially for a side job. :bassist: