Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

You kno, just when we thought the world was rid of Creed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Aug 9, 2004.

1. I know that Creed bashing runs amok just about everywhere, We all know this...and sure they had their fans, but this isn't Creed bashing.

It's "Alter Bridge" bashing. I mean come on people, they didn't even change their sound one iota. The new singer SOUNDS LIKE STAPP. And if you've seen the video, you learn a few things: the drummer still looks uncomfy in his skin, the bass player likes to pose, Mark Tremonti is incredibly full of himself (or does he just love to make wank faces???)

And, the new singer comes off as arrogant as Stapp ever did.

Oy. That song really sucks. Change the lyrics to something more applicable:

"When you open your eyes, and realise we're a one trick pony"

Thanks, that'll work. :smug:

Not only that, but they still have a positive psuedo-christian ethic to their vocals... so if they're still going down that road per se,

shouldn't it be "Altar Bridge"???

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Creed is back?

Wow, I guess I'll have to... not listen to them.

3. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Funny I didn't hear of this.

You must listen to the radio or watch MTV, I feel for you. :)

4. Yeah, an unfortunate side effect of the t.v. turning onto the wrong station at the wrong time.....

And, can anyone explain to me why Andy Dick still has a career? His "assistant" show is really stupid. Beyond stupid.

Look Ma, I hijacked my own thread.

5. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I really hate Creed...I can't put my finger on what it is, but their songs annoy me. Lucky for me my band plays "higher" :rolleyes:

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I haven't heard this band nor do I care to, but maybe they're trying to make a play on the word...you know...they used to be Creed but now they've "altered" the band and it's a bridge to their future or something..... :meh:

awww who am I kidding, those freaks just can't spell.

brad cook

7. Now that's funny. v:O)~

8. Well now... Maybe it ISN'T Stapp who causes it now... Maybe we were... :gasp:... WRONG!

9. I liked 'My Own Prison', but when the band starting coming out with the same album every year I really lost interest.

10. Well, we'll know soon, as Stapp's new offering of platitudinal ponderings comes out in a few months.

I think both sides factored in the suck, but Alter bridge came back in with a clone, and the real deal Sgt. Sukkage will pave a new avenue in banality.

Ron

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Look, I'm just happy I was right, and that Creed would be quickly forgotten and turn into the Vanilla Ice of next generation.

Yes, he sold 10 million albums, but look where it got him.
    Yes, they sold like 50 million albums, but look where it got them.

Adjust for inflation... bang. Creed = Vanilla Ice.

12. Thank you for that. I needed that.

13. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Who is this "Creed" you bleat of?

14. bleat?

I brake for sheep, yet I am not one, good sir. :rollno:

j/k :smug:

15. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Who is Stapp? Was he the singer for Creed? I always just called him "the guy from Creed".
    I guess everyone's got a name.

I'm Ed. Nice to meet you.

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My former roomate was terribly fond of Creed. I mean, creepy fanboy fond. So I used to refer to him as Scrote Sack, Scott Crap, things of that nature. Petty and juvenile, but it riled him so; I couldn't stop. I'm bad like that.

17. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I didn't really realize that Creed has such a strong anti-fan base. Tho, w/ thier 'in your face' poster-childing of thier beliefs, it doesn't surprise me.

As for me, I can take them in small doses. But, this new alter band thingy is PURE knock off. If the world could only take the ORIGINAL in small doses, *** makes them think we want a knock of something we can barely deal with in the first place??

18. Yeah, they still suck badly. It's basically Creed with a new guy who sounds almost exactly as the old guy. :scowl:

Heh, great idea. You should e-mail them. :hyper:

19. Exactly. And the fact that it came in less than a year, or even 6 months after the news of Mr. Stapp's departure means it was

a)existing material put together in haste with a new singer to stay visible,

b) premeditated to kick Stapp out even tho new bed tracks were done, so get a new puppet in to flap his gums...

c) Stapp really did walk out, prolly because he worked the new material, but didn't believe in it anymore...

Who cares? The song really stinks. And if you're going to "re-invent" yourselves, please at least change SOMETHING.

Look, live and let live, I just hate when bands get all preachy and then get so incredibly full of themselves, as the members of Creed obviously had. I mean really, how many veiled crucifixion poses could Stapp strike anyway? Ludicrous.

Ron

20. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Just some terrible "alt rock" band that doesn't scream.

I think the most annoying thing about Creed was all the Jesus poses that the band did. I actually kind of liked the music until I saw them. When a band tries for a certain image instead of just having fun, they really just turn into garbage. (this happens a lot, Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, etc)