you know, i always thought my frustration

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Mar 10, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    was because of work, or my girlfriend, or my family. but today, im starting to realize that all those things are fine, and its my band who really pisses me off.

i have a drummer who is a cocky dickhead, and always feels the need to make some sort of smart ass remark that makes me want to punch him in the face.
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tearfully beg him to be nice to you.
  3. then shine his shoes, that always works for me
  4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    ...while sobbing quietly at the mere thought of his mean spirited quips that reduce you to a quivering schoolgirl.
  5. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  6. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Teabag him. Then quit.

If you're not having fun, why bother?
  7. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    ..Or you could take a hint from Mike Money, and log his shoes while he's not looking.
  8. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah well, i love the music what can i say.

ps, as for "kissing his xxx" or "tearfully asking him not to be a xxxx"

that will never happen. his teeth will get knocked out before i fold on my convictions.
  9. Please elaborate.

10. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    very good drummer, really knows his ****.

me,im not the greatest of bass players. i always get some stupid remark when i make a suggestion. or that "im better then you" attitude.

the one i hate the most, is when he makes comments on my playing ability. i defintely hold my own in the band im in, but because of one day when my singer said "hey, can you put a walking bass line in there" and i said no because it didnt fit. now everytime a walking bass line is brought up i get "oh no a walking bass line" like i dont know how to ****ing play.

honestly, id rather have one of our old flakey drummers. they were flakes, but they were nice and humble.
  11. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    There's a lot of good drummers out there. Hook up with some of them, before you jettison the old one. At least that way you'll get to keep practicing for a while. :)
  12. I concur with the shoe logging.

That's a sure fire method of behavior modification. I'm pretty sure I read that the Japanese did a lot of studies with that during WWII.
  13. Quit. End of story (well, not really...otherwise I'd have stopped typing). Or fire the drummer. I played with a very talented (and now signed) drummer in my first band. FAR better than any of us. He had a big head on his shoulders. We knocked him down a few steps everytime he opened his mouth. We eventually told him that, regardless of talent, he could pack his crap unless he was willing to help the band get better instead of pointing out the flaws. From that point on, everything flowed and with time we were able to match his level of talent. That's the end of my After-School Special.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    as long as this isn't the last band on earth, you can safely quit and find another.

15. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Do a whole bunch of drugs, that makes everyone feel better.
  16. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    I'd highly recommend an upper-decker.
  17. maverick

Mar 8, 2005
    London England
    drummers eh?.... can't live with them..... can't live without them! :D
  18. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    What has 3 legs and an *******?

Drum stool.

19. How did this degenerate into a discussion of fecal matter?