1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

You know, I wish someone had told me that DR had pink coated strings...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by RandomEvent, Feb 20, 2008.

1. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    I don't care if I'll hate them, they're pink. And pink is the new black IMO. So I have ordered 3 sets. That is all.

2. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    I use their black strings. DR coated strings are great! I don't care about the color so much (they make silver, too), but I love the feel & sound.

3. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    Well, it's good to know that I got good strings, haha! I'll probably get other colors if I end up really linking them. There's like 6 different ones. Some Black Beauties on my black/rosewood/MHS Sterling HS would look pretty awesome. But, I already know Pink is gonna look awesome, thus my ordering them in the first place.

Thanks for the heads up about DR strings!

4. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    The main reason I like them (for recording) is that they have less string noise than regular roundwounds, but without the grabby-ness of half-rounds or the dead "thud" sound of flats. They sound a little less bright and clangy than rounds, too, which I really like.

5. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    I use the peacock blue DRs on my 4-string and Black Beauties on my 6-string. I love the sound and feel as well, and they last about 2 1/2 - 3 times longer than the D'Addario's I used to use. Dave M summed the sound up quite well in his above post.

6. richnota

richnota Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    i put the red ones on my fretless "51".....soooo sexy!

(sound good too)

51tikibass.

7. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Just got a set of black ones for my p bass. It's black with a white pickguard - very cool! My 6 string will probably be next (green/blackburst carvin with ebony fretboard).

8. El-Bob

El-Bob

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    i tend to cut my treble alot (too get rid of the clangy-ness) and boost my mids (to cut through the mix). since these are coated, would it help cut the highs, and would the mids stay intact? they sound like something I'd like to try