you know you must be good when....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 11, 2005.

1. you're in a heavy funk rock band and a jazz trio then get asked to join two other projects in two days....

well heres the low down, for 6 months ive been diggin it with these guys for the funkship, we've had one gig, our drummer (of 2) has a recording studio (and since he's in the RAAF he's getting posted on the other side of the country and i get to move into his place with another bandmate, yay full time professional studio)....and with the new drummer and the guitarist we do a jazz trio thing for about 3 weeks, already had 2 gigs the last two sundays and are booked again next sunday at the same place....

then yesterday a guy that our guitarist does duo's with occasionally asked me to do some stuff with him, duo im imagining, of a thursday night at the same place we do the jazz.....

then today i get a call one of my guitarist/producer mates rings me saying he's found a drummer and wants to do some blues/rock/rnb cover band stuff as well.....

/end head inflating rant
  2. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Why Figjam?
  3. F**k

lol :D :bag:
  4. :rolleyes:

Damn you're good baby...

Now gimme my $10.
  5. *pop*
    That's me popping your over inflated head, Heath.
  6. Someone asked me to join a ska band because they heard I was good. I think he got the wrong Tyler Hole.
  7. hey....not bad, been playing 4 years, 3/4 bands and a job teaching at 18...that and the guitarist from the funk and jazz band is a pro of like 20 years...spent the last 10 in new york and was over in the states for january, got $15,000us for 2 weeks gigging.

im in with the good crowd...i just amazed that at the place where they're doing the duo stuff they get $1200 a gig...

but its just wierd, this has all happened in the last 6 months...before that 3 years i had 2 gigs
  8. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Your full of yourself...............Im better