Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

you know you must be good when....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 11, 2005.

1. you're in a heavy funk rock band and a jazz trio then get asked to join two other projects in two days....

well heres the low down, for 6 months ive been diggin it with these guys for the funkship, we've had one gig, our drummer (of 2) has a recording studio (and since he's in the RAAF he's getting posted on the other side of the country and i get to move into his place with another bandmate, yay full time professional studio)....and with the new drummer and the guitarist we do a jazz trio thing for about 3 weeks, already had 2 gigs the last two sundays and are booked again next sunday at the same place....

then yesterday a guy that our guitarist does duo's with occasionally asked me to do some stuff with him, duo im imagining, of a thursday night at the same place we do the jazz.....

then today i get a call one of my guitarist/producer mates rings me saying he's found a drummer and wants to do some blues/rock/rnb cover band stuff as well.....

figjam

/end head inflating rant

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Why Figjam?

3. F**k
    Im
    Good
    Just
    Ask
    Me

lol :D :bag:

4. :rolleyes:

Damn you're good baby...

Now gimme my $10.

5. *pop*
    That's me popping your over inflated head, Heath.

6. Someone asked me to join a ska band because they heard I was good. I think he got the wrong Tyler Hole.

7. hey....not bad, been playing 4 years, 3/4 bands and a job teaching at 18...that and the guitarist from the funk and jazz band is a pro of like 20 years...spent the last 10 in new york and was over in the states for january, got $15,000us for 2 weeks gigging.

im in with the good crowd...i just amazed that at the place where they're doing the duo stuff they get $1200 a gig...

but its just wierd, this has all happened in the last 6 months...before that 3 years i had 2 gigs

8. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Your full of yourself...............Im better