Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

you know your a basshead if

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by buddahbass, Mar 17, 2005.

1. buddahbass

buddahbass

Dec 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i was watching comedy central lastnight and saw jeff foxworthys bit on you know your a redneck if. and that gave me the idea of starting a basshead post. you know your a basshead if
    1 your bass cost more than your car
    2 someone asks you what kind of bass you play and it takes more than five minutes to tell them
    3 your brother in law tells you he bought a new pick up, and you ask if it is active or passive
    4 you have tried to learn the theme from seinfeld
    anyone else have any good ones

2. buddahbass

buddahbass

Dec 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    oops! missed that one

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    sigh, my bass does cost more than my car.

bass: musicman sterling
    car: 1987 toyota corolla. , approx value: $500-$1000

4. Those Corollas' are tough little cars. I had a friend who had one like that and drove the crap out of it and crashed into things. And nothing happened to it. It used to leak a little oil here and there though.

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I feel your pain-twice. My upright is a New Standard Cleveland and after you factor in the electronics, bag, and all those fun things-that one bass is worth not only more than my car [and van] but the rest of my bass equipment combined. On the electric front...my Ray5 is worth more than my car. Car is an 84 Impala with roughly 75k miles on it. Blue Book value on the car isn't enough to buy even a MIM Fender. FWIW the van is an 85 Chevy G20 w/ around 75k miles on it too.....cept right now it isn't running.