Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

You know you're in your 40's when....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sneha1965, Jul 27, 2012.

1. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    You think you're done taking a leak but as you're walking back to your office your coworker points out you have a piss mark down the front of your khaki's. :atoz:

2. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen!

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups

Time to buy your first box of Depends - bummer!

3. Register_To_Disable

4. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    Might be time to check with your doctor.

5. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Time to wear jeans.

6. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    It happens.. that, and the occasional "carpet bombing" fart as you're walking along in the office then you're like "hey, where the heck did that one come from, I wasn't even trying!?"
    getting old's fun.

7. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

Aug 15, 2010
    No, I think Yerf Dog has the right idea.

1st sign of potential prostate cancer. Nothing to take lightly. Go see your doctor ASAP!

8. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I've had the prostate checked and all was good as of last Dec.

9. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    No matter how you shake and dance, the last three drops end up in your pants........

I don't have any issues maintaining my water tight integrity, but I do have to hold the paper at arms length to read it.

What a drag it is getting old........

10. High Elbows

High Elbows

Feb 13, 2008
    Philly 'burbs
    "No matter how you shake or dance, those last two drops go in your pants"

11. High Elbows

High Elbows

Feb 13, 2008
    Philly 'burbs
    Beat me to it, Phalex!

12. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Atlanta, GA.
    I'm 22 and I have that happen from time to time... I'm falling apart :crying:

13. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Any other you know your 40 when?

14. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    You know youre 40 if i call you for a gig..

15. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Los Angeles California
    It takes twice as long to look half as good

16. I'll be out of this bracket in less than two years- :eek: -but for now I'll play: When you not only forget why you came into this room, but you forget why you went from that side of the room to this... :confused:

17. Also- depending on how old/young you look, creeping girls out when they catch you glancing at their- *assets* etc. :atoz:

18. Speak for yourself- it takes me 3x as long to bring it up to merely *awful/you poor old guy* as opposed to full-on *wow, are you feeling alright? Check his pulse*

Another one- related to the OP: Drool... I'm not talking bib-worthy expectoration, just a tiny smidgen of saliva at the edge of your wrinkley-ace mouf. Wipe, wipe again- still happening... set me out on the ice floes. Feed the polar bears. :(

19. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I got in my car once and noticed I had forgot my phone. I went back inside to get it and forgot what I came in for. I went back out to the car and saw that the slot between the front seats were I normally keep my phone when I'm driving and remembered that I didn't have my phone. I went back inside and forgot what I went inside for a second time.

20. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Takoma Park, MD (DC)
    ... you can finally afford that Corvette or Porsche you always wanted, but you get a Lexus instead because it's quieter and more comfortable.

... you're happy that your gig starts at 8:00 instead of 7:00, because you can take a nap after work.

... you overhear co-workers arguing over what was the best album of the last ten years, and you can't think of any.

... you remember Max Headroom (that's for you, OP).