Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE RIGHT

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Julien, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Julien

Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    Paris,France
    that's it...the song has finally made its way trhough the web.....what do you think of it???

2. Julien

Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    Paris,France
    p.s:it's the new song unreleased song by nirvana

3. it's pretty darn good. i'm not like a mega Nirvana fan but it's still really exciting to hear, i think it could be a single. i hope the rest of the material works its way out of courtney's claws.

4. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    hmm.. whats the song called. I wanna hear it.

5. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    lesfleanut, it's called "you know you're right".

I just listened to it and I like it. It definately could be a single. Is there an album of unreleased stuff coming out or what? I just found out about it through this thread. :confused:

6. tragos

tragos Guest

mancow played the song on the radio this morning, and I heard it on the way to work. I was a huge Nirvana fan in the early 90s, but haven't listened to them in a looong time.

That said, I thought the song was amazing. A lot of people bash Nirvana, but "You Know You're Right" sounds like it could have been released this year--even though it was written years ago. Cobain seemed to be coming from a different place than most of the "grunge/alternative" bands, then and now.

And I loved the bass.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im not sure if thats the official title or not.

I have a live bootlegged version of the song where you hear one of the members say (kinda mumbled) "This is our last song; its called Autopilot"

Its all over the internet with the titles "Autopilot" and "On a Mountain". Not everyone agrees on what they say the title of the song is. Both "On a Mountain and Autopilot could be understood from what he says.

You Know You're Right could easily have been decided on after this concert.

Well, all that matters is that we get more Nirvana, and that its incredible.

Peace
    Nick

PS: I agree that it sounds extreemely modern BTW.

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I enjoy the song very much.

What's hilarious is how the "rebel radio stations" are talking about how the "men in the black suits don't want us to play it, but here it is! New Nirvana!!! They're on their way over to shut us down, but here it is one more time!"

What a load of crap.

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Actually, down here in Miami the most comercially sold out radio station (owned by Clear Channel) possible is the one which is playing it non stop.

Because they can afford the fines and lawsutes.

Peace
    Nick

10. A local DJ announced today at 4:05 pm: "And in a few moments I'm going to play you the new Nirvana song that I just downloaded off the net, hold tight."

At 4:35 pm I decided that it would be faster for me to download the song myself instead of having to wade through endless nu-metal to hear it. And I like it. Defenetly sounds like it could have been written today.

11. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    pretty cool. I like the drum and bass interaction during the verses.

12. Velocimaniac

Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Alabama
    I wasn't satisfied with the song. It sounded way too laid back. Not fast enough and I didn't like the vocals very much...

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Nirvana has never really been about fast. They have a few fast songs, but its not their focus.

Part of their sound was that it was laid back and kinda loose, almost sloppy in a way.

Kurt had a powerful voice.

Peace
    Nick

14. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    IMO the epitome of that laid back style and Kurt's voice is the Unplugged recording. I think that "sloppiness" was part of the point with Nirvana.

15. Finally heard this yesterday. Not bad, but definitely a B-side kinda song. This song would not have fit on "Nevermind", but could have worked on "Incesticide". I was never crazy about "Incesticide" though. Still makes me curious to hear the rest of the 'new' stuff.