Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

You learn something new everyday

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jan 5, 2006.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
  2. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    very interesting Tayste!

thanks for the link

Chris D

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I don't get it? Can you swap out the chips but keep the knobs or something?

4. The housing, pedal and some electronics are common. The little coloured peice with the knobs on it is interchangeable.

Personally, I'm struggling to see the need for this. In another forum it seemed like a good idea for beta testers, because the manufacturer could just send the module to them rather than the whole pedal... but even that seems like a lot of mucking about for a small gain.

5. Shauny

Shauny

Feb 17, 2005
    Margate, Kent, Uk
    It says something about ''if the screws are undone''.... why would you want to leave them undone? Out of unplugging the things or getting out a screwdriver I know what I'd choose.

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Well with the screws out it has a locking pin so the module is still secure, just not as secure.

Interesting things could be like they said changing your effects line up, say you have 5 tonecore pedals and the compressor is before distortion and you want to try it after distortion so don't need to rewire your pedalboard to do so. You might even need to do something like this inbetween sets.

Another thing might be say you have 2 tonecore pedals and only need 1 at a time on a gig, you could swap the module out even as easy as inbetween songs, not saying this is the most practical but it could work.

I presume it also makes replacements quite cheap, such as if you broke the footswitch but not the module line 6 could send you a footswitch and you can change it over yourself.

Whether or not it is practical is another matter, I just thought it was interesting.

:D

7. What if they made a footswitch with 2 modular ports with a blend knob between them?

8. its a cool idea...it reminds me of that randall guitar head with the interchangable preamps

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I wanted one of those SOOO bad.

Who knows, maybe Line6 has something up their modular sleeves.

What if their sleeves zip off and you can put short sleeves on instead? Whoa.