you like???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Absolutely hideous IMHO. :scowl: :scowl: :scowl: :scowl:
  2. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    This was also posted up over at the Luthiers Forum. I love it except for the oversized pickups routes. They're hard to notice by just glancing, but look closer and you will see. There is about 1/8" space all the way around both pickups. I absolutely love the wenge neck, though.
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Very interesting bass. I'd love to hear it! I hope the owner never drops that badboy because the upper horn is extremely prone to breakage!!
  4. Not really my thing, though you can tell it was well made. the design is original, pretty cool, though I dont like the neck or headstock... too beefy... doesnt really go with the rest of the bass...
  5. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    WOW That is an awesome bass
  6. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow. I really dig the body shape. The headstock is a little too large, but if I had $2500 lying around I would consider it. :p
    I want a fretless six.
  7. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    interesting bass...

That omega cut on the top is different, I really wished the headstock carried a little more of the design-concepts from the body... It really would visually tie things together better...

The volute is a little skimpy IMO for the size of headstock, break point angle of the nut/string... A straighter pull on the strings would have been better as well.

...Still I wonder how it sounds.

The guts (i.e. pre and pups) are really top knotch.
  8. Skip the link & go straight to ebay- it's been relisted at a lower starting bid/price. I kinda like it, but it's probably good that I can't afford it.
  9. Wow, the headstock's almost as big as the body... :eyebrow:
  10. Is that a Klingon weapon from a Star Strek episode?
  11. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

...funny that you say that, two of the actors are bassists. :D
  12. Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA it me or does that locking input jack say conklin on it ?
  13. oh man that thing is beautiful! the woods look fantastic together!! great design!
  14. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I don't like the body shape. The workmanship looks good asside from the pickup routes. Also, I like the bridge and 'neck' pickups a bit further apart, and straight rather than angled.
  15. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Neutrik locking jacks are on many instruments... I've got one on my Fretless 4 that TB'er and local ATL bass maker schuyler made for me:
  16. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I won't rip on someones creative expression, but, no I really don't like it much.

I'm just a little conservative when it comes to the way a bass looks.
  17. frigo

frigo burn in hell!

Dec 8, 2003
    not even as a present... i would go sell it straight away.
    I would actually feel embarrassed to go play with that thing...
    But that's just me, i don't like to appear too much
    i wouldn't buy a neck thru with a battery cavity in that position; i understand there was not enough space to put it somewhere else, but still, doesn't look very good for the instrument to me.

The back of the headstock has that shape... imagine how bothering would be playing and feeling that... thing with your thumb?

I always appreciate when a lither makes the strings go from the machine heads to the nut in a straight line, without angles, to avoid the strings to saw the nut with time, and for better resonance. Just like Wal (for example)

Every time i look at the pictures i see something i think is wrong... i better stop.

I like the side dot markers tho..
  18. I also don't like the size of the headstock in comparison to the body size. But, other than that, and the unusually large pickup routes, I think it's pretty damn stunning! I also think maybe a Hipshot "A" bridge, just to facilitate more comprehensive string/intonation adjustments. Other than those quirks, that is one slammin' bass!!!

But again, just my 2 cents :D
  19. Beautiful!

Not really my style but the craftsmanship is undeniable. Excellent work!