Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

You Little Weenies!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chris Fitzgerald, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Is anybody else getting tired of all of the whining about how "mean" the vets are to newbies around here, or about how the mods at TB act like a bunch of power crazed Nazi forum editors? Well, I am. Out of respect for the forum rules, I won't mention any names, but every time I see a new one of these posts about "my rights are being violated", or the "gestapo mods around here", or another public WHINEFEST about something a mod did in an effort to keep this place clean, I just want to hurl.

To whom it may concern, and I mean this in the most respectful way possible: GROW UP. This place is well run, well maintained, informative, and (relatively) free of much of the unmitigated BS that litters most forums. If you don't believe me, take a little visit to HC or the Dragon Cave over at the homerecording site, or any number of other music forums. If you don't like the way things are run here, go to one of them. I don't mean to be rude, but there are at least a few people around here who seem to be whining about some imagined "injustice" every time I run into one of their posts, and I find this ridiculous. To summarize, I'd just like to say either:

a) GET OVER IT; or

b) GO SOMEWHERE ELSE where you will be free from the horribly unjust Nazi oppression which so shackles you here at TB.

End rant.

Have a nice day! :)

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Actually I frequent TB for the very reason of the mods and how this site is operated. The language and subject matter of the HC site makes it appear like a highschool lunchroom.

I come to this site for a serious interchange of information. I also enjoy a few laughs here and there. But if this place ends up like the HC site, I'd be outta here for sure. I am glad it is there and glad those who enjoy it do just that, but it is not for me. I'll take TB any day.

As for the little weenies, with all due respect, if you don't like it, find some other place that you do. I believe there are plenty enough members who appreciate TB for what it is to keep it going.

Chas

3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    A fellow Yogi! Cool!

Oh, and yeah, Chris is right on here. Free speech is not a right granted by a privately owned and run site on the internet!

4. you do mean " sister " right ?
    if not.. then it's quite an insult there, mister ;)

and about the subject.. i agree.. people are making too much fuzz about stuff.. a forum is there to be enjoyed by all those who obey the rules made by the owner of the forum.. if you don't like the rules, either complain about them to the owner, or leave the forum..

it's as simple as that :)

b.t.w. Xavier.. where can i get one of those vans ? they kick butt !! :D

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Considering I just found out that my wife is pregnant, I'm pretty sure he meant "Brother". :) But hey, thanks for watching my...my...back? :eek: :D

6. ...when you achieve 'snob' status, you get to post 'Off Topic' stuff like this anywhere you want on Talkbass.

:)

7. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

SAVIOR,

Actually, the coffee tasted better going down my throat than it did coming out my nose, but thanks anyway...I needed that.

IT'SADURRL (I hope)

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    MISS KNITS HAIR COLD

Congrats on the forthcoming young'in! Hope all goes well, and from the photo of your feline, I'm sure you'll raise a well-rounded low-life. :D

As for the certainty about your gender, they're doing amazing things in reproductive research, so anything is possible.....

;)

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

SECURITY TARD,

Thanks. I'm excited, but also scared ****less. Wait, I can't say "****less" on this forum, can I?

OPPRESSION!!! MY RIGHTS ARE BEING CRUELLY VIOLATED!!! FiElDy RuLeZ!!!! Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

;)

COLOR MY DURRL

10. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Great post, Chris. Congrats on the child. It is yours, right?

11. PoT, is there something you're trying to tell him? :D

12. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

PORTRAITOFLOCRIANLAVENDER,

For reasons I can't quite comprehend fully, my tongue seems to be bleeding at the moment. Weird...

13. oy ??

i can remember reading a post where you said your name was actually Christine.. but you didn't want to show it off because of some kids who make sexualist remarks..

goddamn.. what a hoax this makes me :(

14. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Congratulations on the up and comming little one. :) From a previous post, I take it this is your 1st??

Great post too Durrl. Its about time someone said it to the whiney lil crybabys who constantly feel violated!

15. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Sorry, that thread was just too funny to pass up. Truth is, I actually relieve myself of liquid waste from a standing position. On the other hand, I meant every word I said about misogyny of all kinds, internet and otherwise. There is too much of that going around, and it was interesting to notice how I got treated with kid gloves for a while by those who thought that I was serious. My wife, who is a sociologist, was highly amused by the whole thing.

MAMA CASS,

Yeah, this is #1, and I also meant every word about being scared ****less. But then I also remember feeling the same way the first time I walked on stage to play in front of people, and I got over that eventually. Thanks for the positive vibes!

DURRL POWER

16. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Just think Chris, if you have a girl, you'll have copied me yet again ;)

Congrats, PRENADURRL!

17. Oh boy that hurt. Coke coming out through nose. Hurts. :D

18. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    ...with 21000+ and growing.....bound to run across some wierdos.....

...but I believe it's still important that the veterans exercise a bit of patience and wisdom .

Remember.....we were all Newbies once.

....except for JT.....he's a freak of nature from the darkside ;)

PJR

19. alaskabass

alaskabass

Dec 31, 2001
    True, but my parents and culture raised me to be respectful of older people. Something I find sorely lacking in many of today's "dew" generation.

I believe that you "catch more flies with honey" still holds true.

As always YMMV,
    Don