Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

you may not have noticed, but....

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Mar 14, 2005.

1. hey

in the past few weeks, we have had some gigs where people have come up to us and said

"wow, I saw you guys six months ago and you are so way much better now!!"

its a strange thing to hear, because you don't really hear your band getting tighter, more in tune with each other and becoming better performers week to week.

a while ago, I posted a thread about my younger band mates having trouble dealing with problems at a gig - I pointed this out to them the other night, and they laughed.

i am posting this thread just to give some of the younger bands out there some comfort - stick with it and you naturally get better!!

Any other tb-ers got their own stories?

2. btw - we have gone from playing the small pub on the corner and are now playing at the 5-star hotels

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Heh, it happens. I listen to live mp3's I recorded a year ago, and realize we have improved a bunch for no apparent reason since then.

4. its like when your aunt comes up to you and says," you have gotten so big!"
    and you don't feel any bigger then when you last talked to her...its a matter of you hearing your band every day, while they only remember you from 6 months ago. you just don't notice...

5. (insert very witty, not-so-classy response)

Mike

6. chekerbored

chekerbored

Nov 18, 2004
    STL
    I've been playing with a praise band at my church. We've been playing things for a long time and definately improving. We've finally figured out our problems

1) we dont add new songs fast enough. Easily fixed, we can pick up most songs super fast for no reason

2) We've been playing to the same crowd for way too long. We're starting to get out there now. We're playing our first gig this weekend at a youth conference in the missouri bootheel, and the kids we're playing for are apparently pretty pumped, so basically i am too.

just gotta fix the nut on my bass now....ouch im dumb