1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

You only live once, so I just charged a....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by denton57, Aug 14, 2007.

1. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    vintage SVT to my credit card! I am in debt for awhile, but who cares! Its a '73!

svt.

Now I gotta go sell some plasma or a kidney or something! Got it from Willie's Guitars and includes a full check-up and a flight case. Luckily Im divorced and dont have to break the news to a wife! As we say here in arkansas...Yee-haw!

Special thanks to TBer Ron Mexico for the heads up on locating this!

2. What the heck, I'll go for some. Mmmmmm Plasmaaaaaa *drool*

Congrats - enjoy scaring the neighbors

3. congrats & yes U DO only live once or if U give too much blood- Nunce! ;-)

4. Is that Willie's American Guitars in Minneapolis? Or is there another Willie's in Arkansas?

5. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Thats the one in Minnesota. Have any experience w/ them?

6. Yes. I love that place. Nate, the owner, is one of the nicest guys to deal with. If I had the money, I would do all my shopping there.

7. davelowell2

davelowell2 Uhh... FaFaFooey is BaBaBooey... Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    NYC via StL
    Nice man, great complement to your sealed cab! Get that grill cloth ordered!

8. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Yep! I guess I just loved your rig so much that the GAS eventually just took over. What year is yours?

Is there a place on the internet where I can find more info on the 70's SVT's? A Forum?

Also, has anyone used one with a NV215 yet, or am I breaking new ground here?

9. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I used a 73 SVT with a NV-215. Also used a Sunn 300T and a Peavey Classic 400 and a YBA-200. Man that cab just loves tubes.

10. davelowell2

davelowell2 Uhh... FaFaFooey is BaBaBooey... Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    NYC via StL
    Mine is early 70's. That is all I know. There is a place on the web with info, basically the same as the Ampeg book, if you have that. It just narrows it down to early, late 70's, skunkworks, 80's and newer. From what I gather, there's really no way of telling the exact year, unless you can get that info from caps or tubes if original, I don't know. I'd like to know the exact year of mine, but I'm not gonna go poking around in there, LOL.

EDIT... here it is...
    http://users.aol.com/bluemuse/ampeg.html

11. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Their website says it is a '71, but they now say its a '73. I assume that when they did a checkup on it, they dated it by the pots or transformer or something after they put its picture up. Anyway, I'm sure that any 1970-1975 would be the same head, if not all the seventies ones being exactly the same except for cosmetic changes. Whats crazy is that I almost pulled the trigger on a VR before I snagged this one. I just called Willie's at the last minute to make an offer before I committed to the VR at another store. I am sure I would have loved the VR, but I know me and I always would have wondered if I should've just bought the real deal instead. Now I dont have to second guess myself!

12. giglawyer

giglawyer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    You only live once, but you can file bankruptcy every seven years!

Congrats on the nice SVT.

13. It also doubles as a weight set, it will pull double duty.

Congrats on the find!