You see what joking around gets you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Nov 12, 2004.

1. So, apparently I'm now the mascot for my college, the San Jacinto Ravens.

The last mascot quit, so they put some flyers up around school, and I jokingly said to my friend "Dude, I'm totally gonna try out for mascot" and my friend Phil said, "No really should try it"

So I was like what the hell, I'll go to the tryouts. So I went, and only I showed up. I win by default! I then tried on the suit and walked around and talked to the cheerleaders.

My college is responsible for a few NBA players...including Steve Francis and Sam Cassell.

:D :D :D
  2. so i am lost this is a good thing right i mean theres no harm in gettin close to the cheerleaders.

3. Heck yeah its a good thing. But I need to practice with them to know what they're doing...they're expecting me to just somehow know what they're doing and play along. I'll figure it out.

Though half of our cheerleaders are ugly.
  4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    imagining you as some sort of animal is made less hard considering that you had a badger or something as your avatar a while back.
  5. hahaha, that just made me laugh for some reason.
  6. sweet man! i would love to be our school mascot! our mascot won some big battle of the mascots last year. his name is cocky. :smug:

7. Oh man, that would be sweet to be the south carolina mascot. Come on, with a team name like the gamecocks, how can you go wrong?

I dunno if I have a name, they referred to me as "the new bird". I need like a Poe-esque name, like Nevermore.

8. Haha. Yeah, I eventually deleted the avatar because I've to this day not gotten a supporting membership and didn't feel like I deserved one. :meh:
  9. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Don't matter. That means there's a good looking half too, just don't let your mask get over your eyes when you start hitting on them ;)
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    how many people know it is you behind the costume?

11. Well, during my "training session" for our volleyball tournament, I went ahead and took my helmet/mask off in pretty much everyone who goes to the games will know its me.

I overslept this morning and ended up late at the game :meh: but luckily the coaches weren't there. I don't like volleyball, but yee haw those girls are hot.

The cheerleaders are fairly friendly. Rock on.
  12. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just don't forget...the pinnacle of being a mascot is making it onto Sportscenter because you got in a fist fight with the other team's mascot.

brad cook
  13. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Eh. They're collage aged chicks who presumably are not fat. How bad could they be? One mans ugly is another mans....uh, not ugly.

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    There are Cock lovers all over my campus today.

You guys are going down. ;)
  15. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Dang, joking almost got me married once. I was playing a gig, and we were taking a break between sets, when this stunning babe saunters across the dance floor all by herself, in the tightest jeans, with the longest legs.... Not being one to miss such an opportunity, I slid across the floor on my knees and wound up with my face right in front of her... um... frontside, and I looked up and said, "Will you marry me please"?

I was expecting her to laugh and walk away. Instead, she backed up a step, and looked at me with this very serious expression, kind of evaluating-like, and there was this pregnant five-second pause, and then she says, "No, not right now. But feel free to ask again."

That's one of the few times in my life I've ever been left speechless. :D

16. Well, if you ever see Rage the Raven from San Jacinto College on Sportscenter, thats me.

Yeah, apparently my name is Rage.

17. ok, we got stomped...

i know our football team sucks, i dont care though, still fun to root for the fightin cocks :rolleyes: :p
  18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks for letting me know the outcome, Im not a football fan so I wasnt watching. :)

I was too busy ending a relationship to care. :(/:D
  19. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Dude...a name like that BEGS for a fight and all the puns that would go with it!!

brad cook