So recently sold my PA System thats been in my basement for years. Older, lightly used Carvin. Nothing magical but solid and decent sounding. Never had any problems except a blown tweeter which I replaced after 12 years of use. Sold it to a nice young women who wanted it for an office party and some other stuff. Met up and showed her the basics. SHe said there was a guy at her office who knew how to use stuff like this. Gave her all the extra cables I had thinking I was being a nice guy. Thought I was done with it. She texted me a few days later: "one of these speaker sounds weaker than the others" "We hooked up the other and it was fine, we smelled a burning smell with the one" I told her I was sorry for the trouble and to have her "guy who knew" to check it out. He did and said it was hooked up wrong and that it was probably now a problem with the speaker. She said no problem she was just going to buy another speaker. I felt terrible. But, assumed they hooked up something wrong and blew the speaker. I thought I was done with it.... Tuesday night get a series of texts. "Hello again, looks like we're unable to get the system hooked up right, bought a new speaker and everything sounds flat and faint. Played around with the controls, didn't change anything." Felt terrible. Went through a few things with her. She sent some picture of how it was set up and it wasn't quite right but just needed something things moved. Then she sent me a picture of how it was originally hooked up. Wiring??? by aproud1 posted Dec 22, 2016 at 9:49 AM Wiring??? by aproud1 posted Dec 22, 2016 at 9:49 AM Oh boy! This was one of several setups they tried and now matter how they changed the knobs it jsut didn't sound right. Told her how to hook it up right but now she just hears white noise with crackling. Wonder why???