1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

You think im screwed?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by flakeh, Aug 16, 2007.

1. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    This is going to be a little bit o a story, but eh..Who doesn't enjoy a good story here and then. Make marshmallows or popcorn if you want.

Anyway, Last night i was hanging out with some friends, camping out in his backyard watching 4 brothers. Along drives up some other friends ( Everyone here was 17 and older, i was the youngest) So after a bit of deliberation, we decided to drive 30 minutes to a park to play some man hunt. We played from about 12:30 till 2:30, then someones dad called and we had to go back.

We get back,Friend goes to get in trouble for going out. He keeps a tight lip about everything. hes not aloud out. Myself and my other friend watch borat.

Now, flash forward to 9:35am this morning. friends mom comes out to the tent.

"Corbin, Your mom is here. and she doesn't look happy"

I was just awoken so i said "*** your mom is here hehe"

"She said something about paint balling a house last night. Shes not too impressed"

I look up, and theres my mom, on the porch. not happy. I got up, and walk over to her. this was the conversation

F = me, M= mom

F" whats this about me paintballing a house?"
    M" Justin E's mom called at around 1am last night saying you paintballed there house
    F" ha...No mom, we went out to play manhunt"
    M "then why did his mom call?"
    F" becuase there a bunch of asshats who are scared. They think i egg there house weekly"
    M " Ok, lets go"

So we drive home, on they way we talk even more. Apparently, Justins mom called my house at 1am, accusing me of paintballing there house. They have no proof of it, there only proof is that we have a grudge, and I play paintball. They've tried blaming me everytime there house gets egged. Now, I was planning revenge on him, but that hasn't even been planned fully. So i'm ditching that.

Since I didn't tell anyone I was going out last night, and since we snook out of a friends house, We have no credible alibi. My parents think I did it, Justins parents think I did it. And now if i say anything, all 7 of the people i was hanging out with get in trouble.

So, the point of this?

If i say what we did last night, everyone gets screwed. The friends that drove over aren't legally supposed to drive at night, and they pinched the van from there parents. I snook out without telling anyone. I don't know how my mom found me, and the friend i stayed at is in trouble if i say anything.

So, I'm pretty much screwed either way, right?

/rant.

2. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Yes, yes you are.

3. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    This is just my personal opinion, but if it were me I'd take the hit for the other dudes. They're your friends, right? Save them some trouble, take a little flak from the 'rents, and life will go on. If they're really your friends, they'll appreciate what you're doing, and you never know, they may pull through for you with even less hesitation in the future if your positions are switched.

4. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Just tell her. "Look mom, we were camping out and everyone got bored. We went to the park to play man hunt. THAT's IT. We aren't running in gangs, we aren't sneaking off to meth labs to melt our brain cells, we aren't carjacking little old ladies at the street corner, and we aren't being vandals just for the sake of being vandals. We went to play man hunt, and that's it. Boys being boys, getting bored and burning off excess energy late at night. If that's not good enough for you, then I don't know what else there is for me to say. Would you rather I was a fat pimpled nerd playing Warcraft all night long with no social life?"

5. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

... bite the bullit .
    don't screw your friends .

.... unless the police are involved ,
    in which case , spill your guts .
    :ninja:
    no sense in going to jail , or getting this on your record ...

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Respectfully ask the adults in the home that was vandalized what evidence they have that it was you.

Whatever goes down, it looks like a good time to start cleaning up your reputation. It would have been nice for your parents to confidently say "our son did not do that" when confronted by the other kids parents.

-Mike

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    No, this is screwed:

[​IMG]

You are going to get in a small amount of trouble which will go away in a week or to. Wear it on the chin and move on.

8. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    So, take the blame for all the vandalism, go to court, found guilty, pay the fine or go to juvi?

I'm trying to take as much blame as possible. I'm trying to get my friends to keep a tight lip about this. I'm waiing for my mom to get back so we can talk about this and resolve it. I didn't do anything bad, I told me mom on the way home that we snook out to play manhunt.

But, it gets even less credible by the minute. My friend loaned his paintball gun to another friend yesterday. So.....

Btw, We DID NOT shoot his house, we egged it once, thats it. hes trying to pin everything on me.

9. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    ninja double quote

Its not a small bit of trouble. there trying to take me to court.

The only proof they have would be

A) I play paintball
    B) I have a grudge on him
    C) I'm on the phone with them now. The cameras at there house show someone wearing the same shirt i wear alot.

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Firebomb their house and show them that when you attack, you don't do it in a half-hearted manner. Don't drop your friends in it either.

11. Don't sneak out.

12. mjolnir

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Whoa ****... They're pressing charges, huh?

Yup, that would definitely be a different story. This sounds like a tricky situation you got on yer hands... One thing you do have going for you is that these people have no real evidence that you vandalized their house.

I'd hold out on the info as long as possible, but I think your friends would probably be a little more understanding if they knew you had to choose between spilling your guts or going to juvi.

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Don't admit to it, they will never be able to get charges laid against you without any evidence and if they do lay charges then just rat on your friends for an alibi to keep you out of trouble.

14. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Would your friends take some punishment from their parents, to be witnesses that you were ALL at the park playing manhunt and NOT out alone paintballing the house? If your friends knew you were about to face legal problems, would they bite the bullet to save you?

Also, your parent AND your friend's parent saw what clothes you were wearing when they woke you up, which would mean proof you weren't wearing that identified shirt that night.

15. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
    +1

as long as you deny it there will be doubt .

if you didn't do it you have nothing to admit

if you did your parents may be paying for a paintjob , cleaning or new siding .

deny deny deny

16. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    And of course, tell your friends they are getting a free trip to a police station to corroborate your story.

17. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    And we have a winner!!!!!!

If you are out breaking the rules you have no leg to stand on regarding your moral fiber. Whether you did it or not you are guilty of something and that will be all that matters.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Not a chance on that one. Too many young folks involved. Someone will cave and blow any cover you are trying to keep. Pretty soon it is going to be every man for himself. Just make sure you aren't the last guy standing when the music stops.

If this ends up going the legal route, you better line up your alibi's now and make sure they are solid. If your best alibi is the guy who helped you egg their house, then you don't have any credibility. Your bad reputation may end up taking you down on this on.

-Mike

19. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else get the feeling that he did in fact paintball the kid's house and is trying to come up with ways to avoid getting in trouble?

I mean, how realistic is it that somebody fitting his description (same shirt) was caught on camera vandalizing the house.

20. mjolnir

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    (shrug) Depends on the shirt. I know three guys who have the exact same Slipknot shirt and have been wearing it for five years.

It's definitely a possibility, though.