You think you have a Swiss army knife???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Honestly, is that REALLY practical?

:p

-Mark

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    If I were rich and a little more of a goof than I am, I would buy that and display it somewhere in my house or office. Probably office. --Or I'd take it camping as a joke.

4. Sneckumhaw

Sneckumhaw

Apr 26, 2006
    Earth
    There's no pen on there. I guess they quit making swiss army knives with pens. Now I feel even worse about not having my little green swiss army knife with a pen anymore. If somebody said I could have either this new stupid one or my old little green one with pen, i'd definitely take the latter:( :bawl:

5. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    LMAO. I love ThinkGeek. They always have ridiculous products that no one would ever buy. I wonder if they ever have/will sell one.
    I cant ever see using that think.. it would definitely take two hands. Even the othe giant Swiss Army Knife they make is entirely too large to effectively wield with one hand.

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I STAB YOU!!!

7. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    If I had $800 to blow, I'd buy it.

And yes, I'd use it on a key ring :D

-Dash

8. Oh man! I'd just decided that this was the tool for me, and then I noticed that it didn't have a truing-stand or a floor-pump…

…bah! useless piece of junk! :rolleyes:

- Wil

9. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    i'm not sure what 90% of that stuff is, but i think isee a dentist driull, a tooth brush, and a device used for castration.

10. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    A 2lb key ring? At least you'd always know which pocket they were in.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    They still make them. I bought one from Sports Authority about three weeks ago. It also has a red LED on it.

-Mike

12. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    True story: I remember reading back in the 80s about this throat surgeon who happened to be on an airplane when somebody got their windpipe jammed with something that wouldn't dislodge, so he pulled out his Swiss Army knife and performed an emergency tracheotomy. He reported this story to Wenger, and they replied that it was too bad his knife wasn't the one that included a genuine tracheotomy blade, which they had just produced as a limited edition for a throat surgeons' convention.

+1 however to Benchmade being more practical, if less entertaining.

13. That's pretty cool. My dad's an anesthesiologist and actually did the same thing to save an elderley woman who was choking on a scallop at a restaurant in New York. It was her birthday too and thanks to my pops, she survived it. Makes me real proud of him.

Back on track, that thing is pretty cool. I'd probably buy it and put it in a display case.
    -Alex

14. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Yeah, that knife definitely has some instruments that I've seen my dentist use on me.

15. I prefer my Leatherman Supertool. The thing has been with my 10 years now. I've thought of upgrading, but it just kicks too much butt to replace

16. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Just think how cool you would look whipping that baby out to open a beer for some chick at a bar! :D

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Watch out ! :eyebrow:

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Let's be honest: it's just if you were rich, isn't it?

19. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Nice!!

I have one of those, black with the comboedge. That's a serious knife. BTW, you knives are awesome!! Very impressive stuff...I'm a recovering knife-nut.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021