You too, can be Gabu's #1 Fan !!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gabu, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Hey, I just saw Pharmecopia's phrase under his name... and it cracked me up. So, just in case the rest of you are looking for a mentor all you need to do is:

a) Have a career, but desire to throw it away for a job slaving for the evil entertainment industry.

b) Join the Navy Reserve.

c) Grow your hair out long enough that you can cut a mohawk out of it, but only on three day weekends because you better be bald be your next workday.

d) Shock the Hell out of family and friends (see above).

e) Be a bass (vocal), with approximately a 1/2 octave range... :p

f) Play bass for a band that hardly talks to each other, in a style of music that you enjoy, but you are not entirely sure it's your own.

g) Study Jazz every other week. Listen to classical music on the way home from Jazz lessons.

i) Dig the massive growl of a standard Fender Jazz played through a vintage Ampeg amp.

j) Begin studying guitar.

k) Begin to look like this:

2. Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    im just glad to know theres another bass playing cat in the world :

3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I can do A, C, D, E, F and I. Am i good enough :D
  4. Oh shoot. :( How about 2 octaves? Will that work?
  5. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Actually, that might be too cool that you invented the "I" note. Did you build that note out of the "B" and "G"? Yeah, I think you would probably have to be a Mentor also. :)
  6. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Now look here Luciano Pavoratti, we're bassists, not singers!! :p

All you need is to be able to sing along with the first five frets on your lowest string. So my range would be B, C, #C, D, #D, E.

John Turner on the other hand, well... He might need a vocal coach to get that low...
  7. Butbutbutbut, I sing bass. E's no problem. If you let me warm up and get drunk on whiskey the night before I can make B. :D

I know just the guy. He's first bass in my choir and after one drunken night at choir camp he actually made it down there. Neat, huh?
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i have a feeling it won't be the first time. :eek: :D
  9. Hey, that hurts....:D