1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

You try searching for a Club Bass Club...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gremson, May 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Gremson

Gremson

Mar 22, 2012
    North-Leftern USA
    After my last few months with a full scale jazz bass, I've realized that I just like the look and feel of short scale hollowbody basses and I want to get back in there.
    I'm really interested in the Hofner ignition Club bass, but I'm curious about any variants that can be found in the same price range. I had an Allen Woody Rumblekat for a years, and it was awesome. I wouldn't mind going back to one. But I'm interested in learning about other basses I should be searching for, including any monikers the matsumoku hollowbody basses went under.
    What's your favorite?

2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    My Hofner Ignition Club is my most used bass. I played a Rumblekat for several years and still have it. When the Ignition Club became available I tried it and found I prefer the Hofner neck, its more hollow body tone and its considerably lower weight.

3. Gremson

Gremson

Mar 22, 2012
    North-Leftern USA
    Rad. The full hollow body of the Hofner is definitely a plus in my mind.

4. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I also have/used the Silvertone Model 1444, Dano Longhorn, Jerry Jones SC, DC and Longhorn, Kay Speed Demon/Truetone, Harmony H22, Hofner HCT President 500/5, Hofner Ignition 500/1 and Ibanez AFB200 but the Club is my favorite.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  5. Gremson

Gremson

Mar 22, 2012
    North-Leftern USA
    High praise!

6. ScottTunes

ScottTunes Gear-A-Holic Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2011
    So Cal
    I have a few German Hofners:

IMG_4921.JPG

I prefer the '62 500/3 (in my avatar, and far left in photo), but the Club is great as well! My regular gigging bass is the Gold Top Club these days. Can't argue with 4 lbs! Haha!

7. Deak

Deak

Feb 28, 2016
    Kansas
    I have an Ignition and it's definitely one of my favorites. I think as mentioned earlier, the neck is very comfortable, and the humbuckers and hollow build make it a unique bass. I'm watching out for the HTC 501 for a matched pair.
    Not sure I could look at any other as I grew up gasing for the Hofner. I was my first bass purchase after the 40 year hiatus. Enjoy the search! :)

Gremson likes this.
  8. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Not hollowbody, but short scale, and maybe the best one being made right now.
    Not too many 4-pickup basses being made right now.
    (Headphones are recommended)

9. Gremson

Gremson

Mar 22, 2012
    North-Leftern USA
    That gold top is gorgeous!