1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

You Use A Behringer Bass Amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vintage Guy, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    That's what I hear when I tell people out of all the bass rigs I own,that it's my favorite for outdoor gigs. I have tried my Carvin,Ashdown,and my Warwick rig,but the Behringer blows them away for outdoor work. I am using a Behringer BX4500H head,two BA 4x10 Cabinets,and a BA 115 Cabinet. Something about the Bugera aluminum cone speakers just cuts through the mix outdoors,especially if we play by the water.The head has more than enough power to push all this stuff. Just wondering if I'm the only guy that's got the balls to use this stuff,and not be ribbed! Here is a picture of the stack minus one of the 4x10 cabinets.

Attached Files:

• 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      File size:
      62.9 KB
      Views:
  2. thekorean

thekorean

Feb 20, 2009
    Massachusetts
    i have a bxl900a that ive had probably for 3 years now with no problems and it sounds fine at the house and I have played it out at school and outdoors a couple times iirc.

3. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    I use the same head for practice with one of the bands I play in, belongs to the drummer who plays bass in a band my brother sings for. I just use it because it's already there in the practice space for clean volume, since I use a Precision into an overdrive pedal for faux over the top SVT sounds in that band. I have no clue how reliable or well built they are, if it would last for gigging, but I was surprised when I first tried it how good it sounded. To be fair I don't think sound quality is the primary gripe most people have about Behringer products.

4. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Yes it's mostly reliability,and the fact they are made in China!

5. I have a 4500H head, I hate it :/

6. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I would be much more worried about the amp crapping out on me than what anyone would say about it beforehand. That's my only problem with Behringer.

7. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Been punishing my BX4500H head for two years now with no issues. Played an outdoor gig at 95+ degree temps this summer. No matter what kind of amp I use,there is always a spare in the wings.

8. JazzbassArt

JazzbassArt

Dec 12, 2004
    Andover, MN

9. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Don't worry about what other people think or say man, who cares?

I will friggin rock it, no matter what amp or bass I play. People put way too much emphasis on gear, IMO.

Some of the most amazing players I have ever met have been total technophobes who know little to nothing about their gear, and still sound amazing. They hardly give it a second thought as long as they can get the sound they want.

It's about the player, not the equipment.

10. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    But that equipment should be reliable, and that's one of the problem with Behrigner. I tried a cabinet once, brand new in the store, and the tweeter was already broken. That was my first and last experience with Behringer.

11. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Can't always fault the product. Just bought a brand new BR410 cabinet from Carvin. When it got here and I hooked it up,I was surprised to hear it sound like crap. Come to find out that the crossover was bad. Called Carvin,and they sent me a new one stat. Doesn't mean I would never buy from Carvin again. Nothings perfect,thats why we keep buying more gear!

12. NateS

NateS

Sep 22, 2009
    Richmond, VA, USA
    that same head was my first one. still have it as backup, and would totally trust it if i needed it.