1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

You will like this!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by sLapshock, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Slap, there is a big difference between starting a thread with a Jaco mp3 with a heading like " Jaco fans! Check this out!" and starting a thread saying that we will like this and linking us to a video clip. I hate to use nick, but even he doesn't force links down in the threads, he just talks about them.

I have a feeling you're just trying to get us interested in them for some reason. Where you in it? Do you need to pay bills?

2. dbaser

dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL
    Ahh.. I get it! They disbanded in 1997...

Is there a reunion tour on tap soon? I'd gladly give up my U2 tix for a shot at this... j/k of course.

Not really my style of music, but to each his own. Rock on!

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    wow, that just sucked

4. Can't download it anymore, though I've heard some stuff by X-Japan, and while I do like Vis-Kei and J-Pop, they aren't my cup of tea. I prefere stranger stuff like Dir En Grey. Speaking of which, I'm listening to Child Prey and Pink Killer by them.

5. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    You've got to understand most Westerners, especially native english speakers, won't give music a chance if it isn't in English. Not saying I like X Japan, but promoting any Japanese music in general is a lost cause. If people want to listen to it, they'll find it, but besides that let it go. There's some great Japanese bands, but only a few people over here will give them a chance.

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    For the record, I have heard and enjoyed Santana, Mars Volta, Ozmatli, Sigur Ros, Rammstein, Ongo, and many others who sing in languages I don't understand. :D

7. sLapshock

sLapshock

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    i think theya re pretty good.

8. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    In my experience, this is only true because most Westerners haven't heard it--you can thank record companies, advertising execs, and marketing for that, not Westerner's ears, or taste. When you make a statement like this, bear in mind that most opera is NOT in English, and opera halls in the US still sell out solid when a world-class act comes through. The success/failure of a band here has little to with the language spoken.

Unfortunately, the link doesn't seem to want to work for me right now, but I'll give it a shot later.

9. sLapshock

sLapshock

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    downlaod songs from them. give it try. maybe u like it.