1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Young boys working at Victoria's Secret

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 10cc, Dec 23, 2016.

1. 10cc

10cc

Oct 28, 2013
    Well it finally happened down here in the Deep South. Went to pick up my wife something for Christmas and soon as I walked in there he was. "Good afternoon sir welcome to Victoria's Secret, do you need any help?" I laughed and then was intercepted by a female salesperson. I asked if he was working because of it being holiday season? She said no he always works here. Kinda of hit me out of left field. But I always wondered if a fellow could get a job there.

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  2. saltydude

saltydude

Aug 15, 2011
    boston CANADA
    A whole host of reasons but I'd prefer to think it's because he's the smartest man in the south.

3. 10cc

10cc

Oct 28, 2013
    He was a younger guy. Maybe early twenties. Kinda a mix between a hipster by today's stereotypes and dumb fresh.

4. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    The one at a mall that I used to go to had a guy that worked there for years.
    Was the guy at yours attractive? I imagine having good looking men working there helps them sell more underwear.

wmmj and Mushroo like this.
  5. 10cc

10cc

Oct 28, 2013
    He was short and looked kinda greasy. Tight jeans, hipster boots, strange haircut and tattoos. With some bleached bangs if I remember correctly. It was actually pretty funny when I first saw him.

6. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Smart guy!

7. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm sure legally, Victoria's Secret can't discriminate and hire only women, even though it's a female only store.

btmpancake and hrodbert696 like this.
  8. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    A retail salesperson job doesn't require a lot of brains. I worked at a hardware section of a department store and in the computer department of an office supply store.
    I would guess he has obtained zero phone numbers while on that job.

9. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm pretty sure women end up wearing most of what they sell, but it is definitely not a women's only store.

seang15 likes this.
  10. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    So where do I send my resume?

OldDog52 and Joedog like this.
  11. If you go into a music store to inquire about a bass guitar, you want to talk to somebody that knows a lot about and has experience with basses. If I walked into VS looking for help trying to figure out what's good for my wife, I definitely don't want advice from some dude. Nothing personal, but I want to talk to somebody that has experience with and knows a thing or two about this sort of thing!

tfer likes this.
  12. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    But on the other hand, he's the perfect person to give women advice on what men find attractive. If you want to know the best bait, ask a fish.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Lobster11, CatSquare, seang15 and 4 others like this.
  13. Touche my friend, I didn't consider from that perspective and I certainly can't argue with that logic.

pjbassist and 48thStreetCustom like this.
  14. You do not know what he has on underneath. :smug:
    I have known Men that have used their products and he might have some insight for them.

CatSquare and catcauphonic like this.
  15. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    It's a $%*&% retail job. Without the bonus of the employee discount, I'm sure after a day, it would absolutely suck.

hrodbert696, kobass and S-Bigbottom like this.
  16. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Maybe he did it just cause he could, or maybe he's just looking for the reactions he gets from people who stop in

17. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Maybe he's wearing women's underwear under his clothes.

18. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

No sweat, if they need a job and work well good for them. We have men working at the makeup counters in department stores here. Most of them are wearing makeup themselves and I have seen them doing a good job making up their clients.

rllefebv and Gaolee like this.
  19. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

I suspect he needed a job and they were hiring.

hrodbert696 and slobake like this.
  20. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    I have plenty of experience with VS products, in fact I'm wearing some right now :laugh:

Do you have a question?

hrodbert696, pedroims, TC424 and 9 others like this.