1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TSanders, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Young's Double Chocolate Stout

My girlfriends Dad mentioned trying this brew, and really liking it. His birthday is coming up, and Id like to buy him some.

Where can I get this from? I did a Google, and didnt see anything. Maybe some of my bass bros can help me.

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    If your local Hooters has a bottle shop, then check there. If not, check out other six pack shops.

3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Good package stores in GA should carry this. Tower Beverages in Atlanta did carry it when I lived there. But, I see you're in Columbus....

4. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    My local Kroger has it in stock. In fact, I think it's the only place in town that does. Except maybe Specs, but I can't actually go in there and see.

It's good stuff. If you can't find that, try Young's Oatmeal Stout, but I think if a store has either then they'll have both.

5. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I second the Oatmeal Stout call - the Chocolate Stout is nice, but nothing spectacular. What about a selection of local dark beers from small breweries? Often you can find local beers that are better than anything imported, and cheaper too.

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    What's a package store?

Another fun idea would be to find some chocolate porters and chocolate stouts that are made by local breweries - these flavors seem to be getting more common, at least in my neck of the woods.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Red Hook used to make a dark beer with a couple shots of espresso in it. Man, that stuff was oh so good.

I'd like to try this Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Is it available nationwide?

-Mike

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    It's imported from GB, so probably. Nothing that special, though, just a mild taste of dark chocolate in a porter.

Special beer and perhaps 2-3 bottles of a kind is a good idea, but which beers to choose kinda depends what the weather is like; porters and such strong beers are best enjoyed in front of a fireplace, but if the weather has turned well into the spring already I'd get something bit light and sparkling like some of those German cloudy wheatbeers (weissbier).