1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your ABSOLUTE FAVORITE LMII Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aspdevboy, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Search? What's that? ;)

Tell me your favorite cab to pair with your LMII!

2. For my tone (relatively modern J Bass type tone in a pop/funk/jazz context), I've found nothing better in a single cab solution than the 4 ohm Epi401UL (I or II). The original Series I has a slight edge for my tone due to its slightly boosted upper mid response, which allows the LMII to provide big low end, but also a very warm sort of 'J Bass through a really nice mic preamp into a mixing board' sort of warm growl and presence. However, either cab is great!

Simply wonderful IMO!

3. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS
    +1

4. We really are twins now. I'm totally digging the Sadowsky with singles throught that rig. The F1 sounds awesome too!

5. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    for clean, hifi anf articulate, my fave so far has been an 8 ohm NL210. I haven't had a chance to hear it with a UL410 S1 but I'd really like to. It also SLAYED with the NV215 I briefly had for old school tones.

6. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    I have tried it with the following cabs

Epi401UL series 2
    Berg AE410
    Acme 2x10 LB2
    GB 4X10 XTB
    MB 2x10 (not sure which one)
    MB 4x10 (not sure which one)

Even though I wanted an easy portable rig and picked up my LMII for my Acme 2X10 (which sounds very good and better than most amps I have heard).

I thought it sounded best through the Berg AE410 sounded the best with the Epi right behind it. (Then the Acme IMHO)

The MB cabs where so so to me and did not like it at all with the GB.

7. +1 I like the LMII/AE410 also. Very punchy and aggressive versus the bigger, more pure Epi tone.

8. All sounds very good. I am running a GS112 currently, and I love the overall size of my rig. I am interested in adding a cab, which is why I posed the question.

I am interested in:

Epi PS210

others..

9. I know I sound like a broken record about this, but I'm a BIG fan of adding a second, identical 112 in your situation. If you like the sound of the GS112, then a second one will result in a similar tone, with more forceful low end, and a bigger increase in volume than you would expect.

The GS112 x 2 is a pretty nice match-up with the LMII, especially if you stay off the VPF, and dial in just a touch of low mids IMO. The LMII sounds WAY punchier running at 4ohms into a larger cab or multiple smaller cabs.

IMO!.. and IME!

10. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    I'm a big fan of it on top of a Bag End S-15XD. The VLE does a great job as a tweeter control for it, and the big bottom on the LMII gives the BE the low end that it's a little shy of. Man, is it clean and loud too!

I've heard it on a pair of Epifani UL112s as well, and that really had a nice hi-fi sound.

11. My vote goes for my Ampeg SVT 410 HLF. It's big an heavy but it sounds huge.

12. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I'm having trouble following what you mean with this sentence.

I've used my LMII with the following:

Epifani UL410 (Series I, 4 ohm)
    Epifani UL112 (Series I, alone and stacked with another one)
    Genz Benz NeoX212-t
    Bergantino AE410
    Bergantion AE210

In a perfect world, the cab that would best match the LMII for me would have the punch of the Berg AE410 and the sweet highs of the Epi UL410. However, since I value punch slightly more than highs, I now use the Berg AE410 as my main gig cab. I use the AE210 primarily for rehearsals, and it sounds decent as well.

For the record, when I ran the LMII with the Epifani cabs, it sounded best to me with the eq flat and the filters off. With the Berg AE cabs, the LMII sounds best to me with the filters off still, but I have the high mids backed off to about 10 o'clock to get a tone I like best.

13. Broken records are cool if stuck on a good phrase! I really really like the look of stacked GS112's. That's good advice and encourages me to keep my GAS under control.

I still want to try a 210 though!

14. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    This is a great question because as we know the LMII is "the best amp on the planet", so we just need to find the perfect cab for it.

To me the Epifani UL115 is THE best cab I've ever heard with the LMII (and I've tried many... both mine and borrowed/rented).

Edit for pic addition: :cool:

bassrig66.

15. ZonGuy

ZonGuy

Sep 2, 2007
    What volume level. What style?

For low level gigs, the LMII kills with the Aguilar 8 ohm 2x10 now discontinued (GS210). Motown brown.

Not sure about the Avatar 212 neo yet. Not saying its bad, just insufficient data.

16. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    I've used mine with:
    Epi UL2-112, 115, Orange OCB15, Phil Jones 9B, Schro 1212L and 15+L

My winner is the Schro 1212L

17. Thanks to Ken, I am enjoying the LMII with a Epifani UL410 (Series 1), and its a perfeeeeeeect match :)

18. Schroeder 1212L...so far, but I think my new 1515L might become my second favorite!!!
    th_MarkLej.
    th_SpencerShroeder.

19. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The Epi UL-310 and UL-410 both sound fantastic with the Markbass. Definitely my favorites so far.

20. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    I ment to add
    Epi right behind it

Sorry typo...between doing other things over here :bag:
    (I'm not getting as much sleep with the household addition we have)