your band's name

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by westendrioter29, Jun 5, 2002.

1. just wondering what your bands name is and what type of music you guys play. the band i am in right now it called seekers of unity and we play punk/hardcore/screamo. THANX
  2. I play in an experimental/industrial band that is currently on hiatus because we've been trying to find a decent vocalist and guitar player for such a long time... so no gigs until me, the drummer or keyboardist are able to find a guitarist that knows what he or she is doing in a band situation. I think that it's going to be a while until I play live again. The bands name is elective slaughter (which is actually a joke name btw.) Whe appeal to the Gothic/Freak rock crowd, the few in Vegas.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Conscious Agony- metal/hardcore/thrash/what have you, with a singer who ranges from a death metal growl/grunt, to a full bore scream.

Think Vision of Disorder, only not as good (yet)...
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

5. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002

we play rock/funk. just depends on what the crowd wants.
  6. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Phat Phunktion 9 piece funk band

Bon Pantalon Rock/Jazz/Hiphop quartet

Ryan Meisel Quartet - jazz

Tim Whalen Electric Group - Fusion (like Return to Forever and Headhunters stuff)

subMelodic - fully improvised jazz+beats
  7. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    The Gothenburg Oyster Project.

No, I am not kidding.
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i used to play in a band called Neanderthal 2069, stoner rock.
    now i play in a band called horselover fat, '70 rock'n roll similar to MC5, stooges.
    i have a home recording project where i play both guitar and bass. this one is a psych-lounge-rock'n roll "band". this "band is called 500 Saturno.

9. Technically we're not in a band yet because we're only just getting ourselves together...but we do now have a bassist, drummer and guitarist so we're gonna start one over the summer. At the moment we've got the name "The Wax Handies" which came from sitting in the pub and playing with the candles.
  10. Dephiler. its a death metal band, but has more melodic intros then a slap in the face. More technical too than the typical "cannibal corpse" stylem, more melody underlying.

We're a three piece now that the singer chucked a hissy and left. Just as we have our cd launch too. phhfftt :rolleyes: so now we are a Power Trio.. yeah!! Manged to get into the top ten on a local radio station three weeks in a row so far, its debut was at number 5 and stayed strong ever since.

11. SHONUFF---Pittsburgh is homebase but travels range from there to FL and back
  12. without a name at the moment.. working on it tho :)
  13. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    TOBER - Emo/Hybrid/Rock

Wow! your from NJ too?? cool what part? :D
  14. we're a hard rock unit outta new york. lots of odd-time stuff, but not in a dream theatre way. guitar guy throws in a lot of jazz voicings and somehow makes it rock.

i've heard there's a danish techno band called smogg, [smog?], but that wouldn't be us.

when we get our collective act together, i'll post web site info. till then, trust me when i say

WE ROCK!

:) m
  15. Pandemonium - kinda heavy rock band. I'd like to play heavier, but our female vocalists voice wouldn't sound right really heavy! And I don't think our female drummer would be happy with em either (although our guitarist is all for it sometimes!)
  16. Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Free Weed

We are your farmland metalband.
  17. precognition is the solo project I am working on. Still in the writing stage mostly. Kind of an indie industrial kind of vibe.

I am also putting together an alt-rock covers band called titanium pussy.
  18. Selenium, a Heavy Metal band (See? Selenium, heavy metal, get it? Ahh, what's the use....)

But that broke up a few months ago due to people leaving fo college. But a reunion tour is expected next September!!:D

Rock on
  19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool name!! Does barroso dream of electric sheep? ;)

My band's name is the Mud Prophets, you can hear us at the TB mp3 station or by clicking the link in my sig. The name comes from the Kurt Vonnegut book, Cat's Cradle.