Your bass room floor...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, May 4, 2005.

1. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've got a theory that every studio needs an Oriental rug, or at least a really cool carpet type deal.

Let's see the lowest part of your lowest sounding room...the floor!
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's tile. Tile I installed myself. I had carpet, but home buyers like tile these days. Shame, too, since carpet helps cut down on the sound.

Upshot being, the house did sell, so I can stop cleaning obsessively because of showings.

And, y'know, having the place look like a hospital.
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Berber with an oriental in the middle. Ugly, but nice and quiet.
  4. Beer colored carpet... but it used to be a little lighter! :rolleyes:
  5. Cement, with an oriental in the center. My little corner of the world. Someday I'll make it inhabitable.

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ did you know?? :eyebrow:

I have a navy blue 5'x7' rug in the middle of the floor...pc workstation in one corner, drums in another, and bass gear in a 3rd.
  7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002

This is mine. I actually own three of the same rug and a matching runner because I like it so much.
  8. I just removed my carpet get it washed. Music sounds better due to clearer high frequencies!
  9. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

We yanked up the old Armstrong tile, had some dudes grind the cement surface down to raw concrete and apply an epoxy paint coating over the whole BSMT floor. It looks totally uniform and is water repellant.
  11. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have the same carpet as you i think. No area rug though.
  12. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I have hardwood floor with........ Oriental rugs. It adds a nice touch, i think.
  13. I have hardwood, no carpet. It sucks. Anyone with hardwood floors in a fairly old house knows how cold the floor gets. I hate it.
  14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Bedroom (computer, TV, bed-desk, desk, music stand, BG, DB) -- hardwood with carpet

Room where I sleep (bed, stereo) -- hardwood with carpet