Your beloved dog!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Yes, without remorse.

8 vote(s)
  2. Yes, but it would hurt!

5 vote(s)
  3. No... Never...

27 vote(s)
  4. Carrots in a pot-roast.

7 vote(s)
  1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Could you sell your dog for $1,000,000? The dog that you have had for years, that has been loyal to you and has never questioned you?
  2. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    hell, i'd sell my beloved brother for a cool million ;)
  3. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    sure, and I'll throw in her "sister" for free!;) collars are included!
  4. Not a chance.

The love and fun they give is worth more than any money.
  5. Well if I was sure he'd go to a good home and I could visit, maybe? Actually the owner of the kennel we got him from wanted to buy him back whe they saw what he looked like all grown up...offered 10 times what we gave for him, but that wasn't enough!!!
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I'd pretend I was going to, then I pull some type of double cross and escape with my dog and the money in the ensuing shoot out.
  7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    No way, that would be like selling my family member. I could never do it. My dog is more than a pet to me. She is like my own child.

8. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I dunno.... any offers?

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    The dog I have now...DEFINITELY!! One of my old dobermans or the black lab...not a chance.

10. Heres a pic of my loved one, now tell me how could u sell a dog that cute??

P.S- just thought of an easy way to get that Million, kidnap that annoying little yippie dog next door that barks all the time and just sell it. Im sure the owners wouldnt miss it either.
  11. I pay a million for that snow in the background...

I couldn't sell my dog. Heck no!

Maybe because he's my brothers', and not mine to sell. But hey; having to get my Fender custom made ( :mad: ) for a cool 5 thousand, I'd do anything.
  12. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Just look at that face.
  13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

A Million!!!?!!

yeah, that'd happen :p

14. Thats so cute, almost makes my dog look like Rouge bass (Funny HAHAHA...) What kind of dog is that anyway?
  15. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    That's Daisy. She's just a plain ol' mutt; we think she's a chow/pit bull/ rottweiler mix. She just showed up one day. We checked around, but noone ever came looking for her or posted an ad or signs or anything. She was probably dumped by someone who didn't want her :mad: . She's been a great family pet.
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

Now, get this, if you had a million bucks, because you just sold the dog, assuming the person who gave you a million isn't the same person who bought the dog (that wasn't specified in the question), I'd just drop like $50,000 to buy the dog right back. Heck, the dog was only theirs for a few days, right? Booyah, 950,000 bucks and the dog right back. Win/Win.

Otherwise, yeah. I'm sorry, but Spudder vs. Financial security? I'd take the security. Drop the 1,000,000 into an investment firm (NOT Putnam), and then live off the proceeds.
    Or, drop it into a high interest savings account. Heck, 1% interest is good at this time, then draw on the interest, which is 10,000. 10,000 x 12 months, 120,000 a year.
    Not bad.
    Or drop it into a money market account and get like 5%, but less security.

For Spuds? Yeah. Sorry buddy.

Another thing, it's not like the dog is gonna die or be tortured. I'd only sell him to a good home, y'know make sure he's just as well loved.
  17. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well MY dog was killed, so thanks for the pain and tears flooding back, Mike Currency.