1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your Best Pedal Purchase of 2019?!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cosmicevan, May 22, 2019.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    We're almost halfway in...so what have you gotten your grubby mitts on that's really left an impression? No rules...if you are a pedal junky (like me) feel free to categorize to help you not leave anything out. Really just curious about what's been new to you this year that you really love.

For me...

Best utility = Boss ES-8: It's been out for a while, but new to me this year. I've barely scratched the surface with it yet, but it has changed the way that I look at effects and my sound. The ability to really control everything on your board (including order of pedals and if your signal is a blend or stacked) is really game changing for me.

Best pre-amp = Really tough call since I explored a bunch. Toss up between Broughton Super Stack and the Broughton SV Pre. Although the Super Stack is an always on for me, the SV Pre is really impressive and probably the better snag...I'm just a sucker for that Super Stack tube in a stomp box sound.

Best overall pedal purchase of 2019 = Red Panda Particle v2...if I didn't snag a Tensor at the end of 2018, that would probably be listed here. Red Panda has blown my mind. As a tweaker, their pedals unlock hours of exploration, confusion, and creativity. Are they usable in a band setting? Yeah...if you are good...and if you pull it off, it would be epic. Red Panda may not be building pedals for a classic rock cover band bassist, but if you are open to possibility, I cannot recommend their stuff more.

...that said...the year is still young and I've already got new goodies en route. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    What have you plugged into that was new to you this year that has your attention? Fuel my GAS :drool:

2. Utility Road Runner Pedal Board Bag for 20 bucks it is an easy way to throw a quick board together and it's on sale this weekend.. https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amp...board-all-in-1-gig-bag?rNtt=Pedal bag&index=2

SA Aftershock really great fuzz that gets even better if you dig under the hood and make it your own!

TRex Quint Machine really sweet octave up plus a fifth and the octave down adds an accurate bottom I like.

Most anticipated SA C4

lemueldave, cosmicevan and gregmon79 like this.
  3. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    Free the Tone Bass Blaster

By gum this thing does what it does beautifully. Which may not be the word most commonly used to describe Overdrives

Wounded Paw Battering Ram

I think I prefer the Attack Goat Fuzz over the Fuzz in this pedal but The Ram's Overdrive is a good one.

Both these pedals have made me rethink my board

blindrabbit, DirtyDuke and cosmicevan like this.
  4. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    For me, presently it's a tie between my Demiurge Broadcast clone and my Boss BF-2. And I have to give an honorable mention to the Mosky MM Silver, such a great OD in a small package and for so little money.

But the big purchases are still to come and I've ordered a Damnation Audio MBD-1 which hasn't arrived yet and there is still some other pedals on my purchase list for this year that will be prime contenders to this prize, like the Source Audio C4 and the Tech 21 Geddy Lee YYZ pedal.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Alik, cosmicevan and gregmon79 like this.
  5. For me it has to be the EAE Model feT. That's one awesome preamp! I set it for only a slight breakup (that dirty-clean sound that Sunn amps were know for), and it gives my sound a certain character that I love. :bassist::bassist:
    :bassist:

cosmicevan, DiscoRiceJ and Nunovsky like this.
  6. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    Boss BF-2 is the old brown one?
    I like that pedal

7. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    It's the purple flanger pedal. I think that you may be confusing with the Boss CE-2B.

8. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    image.

My one is actually called BF-2B (bottom left)
    Sorry for the confusion

9. Well I’ve only bought one pedal this year... and I guess it goes to the rowin flanger which is a clone of the Mooer eleclady. Considering I only like flangers for being subtle and only used occasionally it does the job and works pretty silently unless you have every knob up to 11 so it’s a win I guess.

Majorly gassing for an oceans 11 but might have to save a bit more to see if that gets bought in the next six months..

b-b-b-bass and cosmicevan like this.
  10. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Man, I didn't know there was this version. Lol

foal30 likes this.
  11. Blaargh

Blaargh

Apr 4, 2016
    Pedals I bought this year: Mantic Vitriol, EHX MicroPOG, EHX black russian Big Muff. Dunlop Mini volume/Expression pedal.

All of them are pretty damn great, but the Mantic is probably the best. It always sounds amazing, regardless of where you set the controls.

cosmicevan likes this.
  12. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    They did a Chorus and a Para EQ (top left of photo)

Nunovsky likes this.
  13. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    Broughton H+LPF.

VoodooJazz, DJ Bebop, Rice and 5 others like this.
  14. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    I knew about the chorus but the para eq seems like a great pedal. I only knew the graphic eq from them. I have to dig more into boss bass pedal history.

15. CRich0205

CRich0205

Feb 17, 2013
    Kansas
    Loving the wren and cuff Tall font Russian. Fuzz is easily my favorite effect and this one really does it for me.

16. fuzzspiral

fuzzspiral

Dec 8, 2018
    Italy
    For me, at the moment the Brick Drive BDI-1 by Providence (drive/overdrive, it's also a preamp but I'm not using it for this purpose, at least for now).
    It greatly covers all my needs of dirty basic sound that I had in mind for a loooong time! It's always ON. Since I can't afford a tube amp to crank up at the moment, this pedal is just a great "growl" substitute. It can do from warm, touch sensitive driven sound, to full overdive and distorsion.

A special mention deserves the Parvati fuzz by Demon Pedals. I don't consider it as the winner just because arrived a week ago and I have yet to discover its little secrets. For now, it's on the first classified step of the podium with the Brick Drive

cosmicevan likes this.
  17. jcerio

jcerio Gold Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    EHX Hot Wax easily for the win with me. I just keep tweaking and finding settings that I love with it.

18. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    For me it would be no doubt:
    Hologram Infinite Jets
    Not for straight ahead things at all.

That said thanks for assisting GAS, I've been lusting after the Red Panda Particle 2 as well. I signed up on their mailing list and have heard nothing, where did you get yours?
    Dirk

bassstation and cosmicevan like this.
  19. So far I think I've only bought the Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard fuzz but it is easily my favourite muff variant. So big and doomy....

20. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Haven't got it yet, but I'm picking up one of these...

YYZ-large.

... then, I'll be all like...

giphy(2).